News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

New motor mounting holes. Filling old ones.

Started by amazing grace, April 21, 2018, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

I am thinking ahead a bit. Have not worked out details yet. My old Merc is off and the new Yamaha F70 is wider I am told so the old holes with not work. 

Not sure if the shop rigging the new motor would fill the holes and part of the new install?

Wood dowles with 5200 and put gelcoat over them after they cure?

Just looking for thoughts and advice guys. Thx.

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

croaker stroker

I like to use polyurethane Gorilla Glue for that purpose.

Ipe or Teak dowels > fiberglass Cloth and Resin (inside and outside) > Polyester filler like West Systems brand from Westmarine > Then Gelcoat.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

amazing grace

Not sure I understand CS. You confused me.  :facepalm:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

croaker stroker

Sorry. Maybe this will help....  search on youtube for transom hole repair.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46u5DqpUu8I

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

amazing grace

Well CS, that is a complete different deal there. Made it  in about a minute and a half. Looked like he had about $500 of supplies at the start  :shrug9:

Thanks though :doh: :whistle: :wink:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

croaker stroker

Curious what the shop rigging your motor would charge to do it. ? ...and what method would they use ?

My boat came with ugly repairs, but actually plugged pretty good using wood and polyurethane glue. (The yellow repairs)

I just had to sand below flush, add a few layers of fiberglass, sand flush and gelcoat over.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸