News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Area 8-2 black mouth

Started by pickles1107, April 20, 2018, 08:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickles1107

I've never fished the racetrack area for blackmouth. Is this fishery similar to possession in that you want to hug the east side of the bar on incoming tide and west side on outgoing?  Similar gear also (coho killer and kingfisher spoons, ace hi-fly are what I usually fish on possession)
Fish will be on the bottom? 

I've read John's book, looking for other first hand experience. We are going to try here tomorrow morning.

Ko Ho

Yeah, you've just about got it. There's a ridge that runs in a lazy "S" from the north tip of Hat Island to the south tip of Camano. Stay right on the bottom in 80-120 feet. Generally the east side on the flood tide and the west side on the ebb is best. Right on top of that ridge is good too at any tide. Good luck!
2006 17 Sea Chaser, Twin Yamaha 40's

FWilliams

are you fishing the derby tomorrow?
2007 21 ft. Sea Ranger HT 115 Yamaha 4 stroke  9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke. sold

pickles1107

Quote from: FWilliams on April 20, 2018, 11:10:12 PM
are you fishing the derby tomorrow?

Nope.  Just taking my 4 and 3 year old for a couple of hours.

pickles1107

Quote from: Ko Ho on April 20, 2018, 09:38:54 AM
Yeah, you've just about got it. There's a ridge that runs in a lazy "S" from the north tip of Hat Island to the south tip of Camano. Stay right on the bottom in 80-120 feet. Generally the east side on the flood tide and the west side on the ebb is best. Right on top of that ridge is good too at any tide. Good luck!

Awesome, thanks KH!

FWilliams

a little lumpy out there this morning but got better later in the day, hope the kiddos did ok.
2007 21 ft. Sea Ranger HT 115 Yamaha 4 stroke  9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke. sold

pickles1107

Quote from: FWilliams on April 21, 2018, 08:39:17 PM
a little lumpy out there this morning but got better later in the day, hope the kiddos did ok.

Thanks Fred. Only a couple of shakers and a sand dab but the kids had fun. It was their first trip out this year so they were excited.  Lots of snacks and they watched Frozen in the cuddy.  :jester: