Author Topic: Oregon rockfish gear hook restrictions  (Read 164 times)

Offline Bigfish1!

Oregon rockfish gear hook restrictions
« on: April 08, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »
     Sunday morning and I'm trying to find the number of hooks that can be used to fish for rockfish out of Brookings and inside of 30 fathoms.  Not to many folks working at ODFW this morning so maybe some of you Oregon guys can help me out.  P. 81 of the OR marine reg.'s say rock fish may be taken by angling.  P. 14 says angling is defined as fishing with "a" hook and line.  I am thinking I am not restricted to only one hook but can't find the exception that lets me fish with more hooks.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
     Fished out of Brookings last week and the rockfishing was pretty good we caught a couple of limits of rockfish just north of Chetco point  The fish were a little slow to bite, so shrimp flies were what got them to bite.
     My first post so hello everyone.  I got my first Arima two months ago. So am new to the club.  I have been lurking the site for quite a while and bought my boat based on all the good info on this site.  thanks. BF1

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
Re: Oregon rockfish gear hook restrictions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:13:06 AM »
Three hooks...  Treble counts as one...  Pretty standard throughout Oregon..  Some areas (Lower Columbia) barbless

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline Bigfish1!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »
SF,
     Thanks for the help. Found it in the hook and gear regulation section, (don't know how you have time to get any work done and keep all us rookies in line!),  thanks, BF1

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 06:23:33 PM »
Who said anything about getting work done???   :hoboy:  I tried that work stuff once... scared the crap out of me so I have been doing my best to avoid it ever since...   :stirthepot:

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'