Author Topic: WA Area 9 = 2 Kings  (Read 654 times)

Offline GregE

WA Area 9 = 2 Kings
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:16:05 AM »
https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/erule.jsp?id=2102

Anglers can keep 2 hatchery chinook per day in Marine Area 9 beginning March 30

Action: Increases the daily limit for salmon to two fish in Marine Area 9 (Admiralty Inlet).

Effective Date: March 30 through April 15, 2018.

Species affected: Chinook salmon.

Reason for action: Preliminary estimates through March 18 indicate that the number of chinook retained or released by anglers is at 77 percent of the chinook encounter guideline of 11,053 fish for Marine Area 9. State fishery managers anticipate that sufficient encounters remain to allow the fishery to run through April 15 as scheduled with a daily limit of two hatchery chinook. The changes to the chinook fishery are consistent with conservation objectives and agreed-to management plans.

Other information: Anglers must release coho and wild chinoo
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline pickles1107

Re: WA Area 9 = 2 Kings
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »
We went out for a little while on Saturday, launched in Everett since the Mukilteo docks are not in yet.  Fished the west Possession bar from about 7:45 to 10:15.  Only 2 bites all day.  We boated a 21.5" hatchery - back he went. 
Other was small potatoes and never saw the net. 

Bonus was it was SUPER flat water the entire time. 

Offline dbhazjack

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
Fishing has been lousy. Small, barely legal hatchery BM about all and they are few a far between.

Amazing how effective the State is with their generous rule updates! Must be why the cost of license goes up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker.

Offline Irishman

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 04:46:54 PM »
Last year I fished the area off of Eglon. Just a little north of the southern line of 9 on the west side. We did really good between the 110'-130' around the hump. There were more fish there than I could catch. The seals got their fill as well. Anyway, I would normally keep it quiet but salmon are movers and may not be there. I'm going to hit that area Sunday. Saturday is to risky due to the forecast. Hope to see a couple of you out there. Good luck and Catch em' up!
"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse

Offline Mooch

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 02:50:03 PM »
Seems the Arima folks didn't get the memo yesterday about how tough the fishing's been this last week.  There were quite a few prowling around.  Here's some shots of a few boats I was able to be able snap..  Got into a fair number of sub-legals once I located the bait.  For as many boats that were out I was rather surprised at how few were fishing Possession. 

Kogo, definitely NOT an Arima.

There was a lot of debris and tree branches in the water where I fished, including some really nasty deadheads.  This peeler was submerged vertical with a steel rod sticking out the end and located along a popular cruising lane south of PNP.  Be careful out there.

2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Currently accepting hot waypoints from WA MA 2-10

Offline Speedbump

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 07:25:20 PM »
Great pics, thanks Mooch!
'21 HT Sea Ranger, twin 90 ETEC's

Offline XO

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 07:29:05 PM »
Great pics.  I can't wait...
2002 SeaHunter; 2002 Suzuki DF50; 2004 Suzuki DF6

"Knowledge is good."  Emil Faber

Offline Chief of the Boat

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 07:30:08 PM »
Thanks for the pictures.  I like the Sea Legend skip tower with the 300 Yamaha.
1994 Sea Explorer 1511 loves whitecaps 2010 Yamaha F-70 2012 Yamaha F-8 with a  Fixed SaltBoss Bracket Lowrance HDS-5 & 7 Gen 2 Standard Horizon Fixed VHF 2150 with AIS

Offline Irishman

Got one for the BBQ today
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 04:07:30 PM »
Started fishing around 0730 as we crossed the southern line into area 9. Hooked up with the first fish at 0810 in 101ft of water. All other fish were a hair short. Should be some nice fish for the seals and nets here pretty soon. It was a fun day and I got some good time with my son.
The day had some bad luck as well. It started as we were getting ready to end the day. I turned the helm over to my son just to keep up going in a straight line around the other boats as I pulled the gear. I turned it over at a terrible time. We were into the wind and started swinging as I gave the helm over. My son was also turning in the direction of the swing to stbd. Too much turn rate a SNAP! Port ball gone just that fast. I haven’t lost a ball in 15+ years. Never lost one due to the kicker cutting it off. The next bit of bad luck came at the ramp. My brand new powerwinch 712 wouldn’t pull. It just sat there and spun and would occasionally grab. 1st use. Eventually reefed all the way down on the clutch and still no pull. Dammit. Last bit was washing the boat and my son pressure washed one of the letters off of the name. Grrrrrr. No biggie. Easily fixed with a new set of decals. Wanted to change them anyway.
Some nice bait balls out there today. Most were out deep in the 200-350ft range hanging near the bottom. Marked some mid-water fish but we got all of our strikes on the bottom rod trolling a silver/green flasher with a long leader to a coyote green/glow. Really looking forward to getting out again for the coho later on.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:29:26 PM by Irishman »
"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse

Offline polarbill1999

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 08:59:27 PM »
300hp on an arima, that is nuts.  Based on reports a 225 or 250 is more than enough.
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke