News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

March 17 Lead pour, Portland Area -- CANCELLED

Started by StreamFixer, March 04, 2018, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

As usual, I have put something somewhere safe and now I cannot find it...  Doesn't really matter so please don't bother to find and tell me where my original post is hiding.

There will be a lead pour and 'neat stuff' swap meet at my place March 17.  Be sure to wear something green.  I would appreciate knowing how many will be along so either let me know on here, or, if you need the address, drop me a PM.  I plan to start the silvery liquid flow around 10 am.  I have a couple of Jig molds (5 & 6 oz).  Jig Hooks run $0.25.  I do not have spare lead so bring your own.  I also have a 3# rectangular weight, a 32 oz cannonball,  4,5,& 6 oz dropper, 2, 2.5 & 3 oz wire (takes 0.041 kink wire) and some 1/2 to 10 oz cannon ball molds.  I am pretty sure I have sufficient brass sinker rings, but you may wish to bring your own to be sure.  Everything costs somebody something so plan to chip in a little to help defray costs.  That's it for me. 

Scale on sight if anyone brings extra lead they wish to dispose of.  I have a 20# (to the oz) scale and the smelting/casting tools we will need.  Over 20# pieces and we use the bathroom scale (nearest #).  I only have a 10# electric smelter and 12" cast iron pan so big chunks of lead could be a problem. Hacksaw works   :biggrin:   It probably would not hurt to bring goggles and hot gloves.  The way we have worked it in the past is, you bring 5#, you leave with 5#.  We will weigh you in and out. 

AND, perhaps best of all, I have a 27 gallon bin + stuff that would not fit, chock full of 'good stuff' that needs to be swapped or purchased.  There will be adult beverages, water and some pop available for free.  If we all chip in a bit, the propane will last longer.

Should be a fun day for all.  I look forward to renewing acquaintances and meeting new folks.

StreamFixer

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GregE

Hoping to make it-  green??  Maybe 

List of available stuff to follow. 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

rasslingref

GregE:  any chance you can make me a couple of 12 pound DR balls and I send you some cash.  I seemed to have lost one or 2 of these items while clowning around on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Red 22

I've been out to a couple of scrap metal facilities in the Vancouver area this past week no luck, someone has been making regular visits buying up all the lead. I hope he's one of us. Plan on visiting the Portland yards this week hopefully I can add to the 20# I will be bringing. In addition I will bring 2# and 3# rock cod sinker molds, gloves, Beer (I don't look good in green) Mics items for trade or sale and a donation to the kitty. 
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

StreamFixer

Thank you for the memory jogger Tony.  The rectangular mold I was trying to describe is the 3# Rock Cod...   :redface:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Red 22

Found lead at Bob metal in Portland, most pieces are larger than 20 lbs., don't think they will fit in Russ Pot.
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

StreamFixer

12" Cast Iron Skillet will handle a lot.  As it fills we can always pull the unmelted portion.  That's why I keep a couple buckets of water handy...   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

BigMac

Something green, huh?
Maybe I can find something laying around but it won't be pretty.
I don't have any lead, but have  a couple of 12# downrigger balls I could trade for some.
Need several 10" pipe jigs and a couple 8".  Always could use a couple more 3# cannon balls.
Will be bringing some things to sell/barter/donate.
(Dave)

GregE

10 AM start time-  projected finish? 
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

StreamFixer

Quote from: GregE on March 08, 2018, 11:29:22 AM
10 AM start time-  projected finish?

I can confidently predict that we will finish up when we are done...  Likely sometime in the afternoon...   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

StreamFixer

Wow...  Only 2 for sure and a maybe.  Plus  Fishing Guy is moving back east and is dropping off some stuff too...    This will be a quick pour I guess...

Anyone needing address drop me a PM...

StreamFixer 
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Rokefin

I would love to make it but too much real estate between us...11 plus hour trip

StreamFixer

The emergency communications group I am with just got a call to help with a fallen police officer's funeral in Ashland Saturday.  I will have to reschedule this guys.  Still a lead pour and swap meet, date TBA

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GregE

NOted.
Russ you might change the thread heading
Greg

Red 22

Got it, Sorry to the officer and their family   :flag:
Tony

-Sterling Hayden

BigMac

Whenever Russ.
More important things get priority.  I don't envy you.  That has got to be a sad trip.
I have a VSC sticker for your boat, again whenever.
(Dave)

darci

Regards, Russ. Best Wishes to the families. Bill

GregE

When is the reset Lead Pour date? 
Trying to plan ahead   :arms:
Greg