News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

The crazy stuff us boat owners dream up.

Started by amazing grace, March 01, 2018, 09:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

So like many. My mind dreams up crazy ideas while the snow so slowly melts and fishing season creeps ever so slowly towards spring.

I have had my C-Dory Angler for about 4 or 5 years. It is a great boat. Enjoy many aspects of it. Love my E-tec. We get it out several times every year.  My 83 yo fathers like it lots too. We actually boat camp a couple of times in it overnight each summer. He also liked my 19SR too.

My good friend JW, Liverwurst21skip got me into Arima's quite a while ago by be willing to sell me (took payments actually) his old 19SR and delv. it most of the way to me way back when, bless his heart. I love the guy.

Anyway where my mind waunders is I find myself thinking about how great Arima's are. I have always said that I would not trade my C-Dory for another 19' Arima. I feel in my mind they are similar in in size even though my D-Dory is a 22'. I am pretty fond or the pilothouse aspect of my C-Dory.
But having said that trading it for a 21' Sea Ranger, now we are talking.

Now I know you are thinking a trade for a 1989 22' C-Dory Angler with a 90hp E-tec for a Mid 2000's 21' Sea Ranger with a modern 115-150hp motor. This guy is nuts. Well maybe. But I have seen What these 22' Anglers sell for and have also seen 21' SR's sell occasionally for very similar prices. 

So I am considering seeking a trade and see if anything interesting happens? If nothing does no  harm, no foul right.  :wink:

In the mean time I will try to snap myself out of the late winter dream.

Thanks for reading and all the best guys and gals. .
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Red 22

I think you should keep the c-dory and buy a 21" sea ranger. Dream on.
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

beancounter

AG I don't think you're dreaming more like hallucinating. Can't imagine you swinging a deal like that.

GregE

Good Grief Mark........   :shrug9:

People who go thru multiple boats must be considered strange or unbalanced.......   :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Salmon King

If you C Dory were the smallest model made I'd have been interested in purchasing it.
But 22' is HUGE for me.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Yachter Yat

As you probably already know, the 16 Angler is the smallest model C Dory makes.  I like that little boat.  Looked at it before buying my 16 SC.  I just felt the interior was a bit too "utilitarian" for my taste.   That aside, seems like it would be a nice option for any Northwest angler.  Funny how you can hang two motors on that narrow little devil and it still doesn't ride low in the rear.   A lot less glass in that squared-off transom, I guess.  :shrug9:

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

headduck

Seems that c dory camps and arima camps are a little polar...the boats are similar ish...but I liken the c dory crowd to eurovan owners who wear socks with sandles and arima folks jeep guys in work boots...

For a moment, I owned a newer 19 angler with less than 100 hours on the boat and sold it and kept the 17 arima as the 17 ranger offered more deck space and gave a more comfortable ride...cant imagine trading a 21 ranger for the 22 angler....but AG makes the seemingly impossible happen.

Best of luck.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

amazing grace

Thanks for the comments guys. Yat, they actually made a 14'. There is one for sale now. That is pretty rare to see.

C-Dory's and Arima's are similar in a lot of ways. Including their owners.
  C-Dory's are popular all over the US including AK for a good reason.  The 22' Angler is a great combo of fishing deck and cabin and house. They made way more Cruisers than Anglers. Just like  Arima did  in 19SC vs SR's.

Try to find a used 22' Angler, let alone a classic. And if  you do, hold your breath on the price.

Headduck, I appreciate your last comment. I really do :arms:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Yachter Yat

AG;  Your right.  I've seen the 14 C Dory, but as I understand it, those have been out of production for some  time. 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Mooch

As long as we're talking C-Dory, here's one of my favorite boat photo galleries.  Getting real down on the Columbia bar.  Photos by Neil Rabinowitz.  Following seas shot is a total butt bomb.  Enjoy. 
http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album362&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Fisherdv

Awesome photos. Photo #5 gives me the pucker factor  :bigshock: Nice looking boat
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60