News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Engine Riser Bracket for 25" Shaft OB

Started by JamesB, February 24, 2018, 08:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesB

Anyone have a 25" shaft length outboard on their Arima using a Engine Riser Bracket(non-hydraulic)?  I am wondering if it looks out of place and whether you've noticed any downsides performance-wise with that setup?  I am finding it easier to find used 25" shaft length OBs than 20".  If you could post some pics that would be fantastic.  Cheers.

Chief of the Boat

We put a fixed bracket on a used 25" E-Tech 150 last year.  I probably only put 10 lake miles on it and noticed no performance difference.  I think WEDOCQ is running a 25 inch on his Suzuki 175.

mariner

Nice looking motor.. matches the boat!  Any chance you have a closeup of the bracket attached to the transom?   What's the manufacturer and name for that bracket?  Do the bolts that attach the bracket to the transom use the same holes as the ones that were previously in there for the 20" shaft?  If so, I assume same diameter bolts?
1999 19 Sea Ranger HT: 2018 Merc115 CT ProXS: 2018 Merc9.9 ProKicker

Chief of the Boat

JamesB

anyone else have pictures of their 25" OB with a Riser Bracket?

amazing grace

I think it was lipripper that had one. He a wedocq loved it as I remember. Kept the motor from getting splashed with salt water when back trolling. because it sat up a bit higher. It sets the motor back a bit so changes the ballast a bit so be aware of that. Seems to work out just fine.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead