News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

new trailer?

Started by Rtperch1, February 17, 2018, 04:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtperch1

I am looking for the correct EZ loader trailer for my 16' Sea Chaser. The Pacific it came on leaves it bow down in the winter and it collects water.
Does anyone have specific model numbers or other ideas?

Tom on the Barbara S.

Chief of the Boat

Raise the tongue?

Omega3

Block the wheels and jack up the front.Get a cover or tarp it up
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

La-Z-Buoy

It seems to be the norm that with the trailer sitting level the boat will collect water. As suggested above, prop/crank up the front. A lot cheaper than a new trailer  :bigshock: .
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Fisherdv

My new 16 SC came with an EZ loader 2100# trailer
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

StreamFixer

Rtperch1

Are you serious???  You would seriously consider spending around $3500 on a new trailer because your boat does not drain in the driveway on a Pacific trailer?

First off, a Pacific trailer (at least in my opinion) is hands down a superior trailer to any E Z loader ever made.

Second, there is no guarantee a new trailer (regardless of make) would cure your water accumulation issue.  Is it a trailer salesman telling you a different brand will cure this problem?  If it is, I'll bet he sells E Z loader.

Several on here have recommended you find a way to jack up the tongue on the trailer you have...  Problem solved.  You are not all that far from the Pacific Trailer manufacturing facility.  I would contact them and have them help you with a solution.  I am pretty sure they have come across this problem before and have a solution that cost a lots less than a new trailer would run.

All that being said, if the trailer you have is shot, you might be well advised to replace.  However, I would discuss with Pacific to see if they could recondition it first.  Pacific makes a mighty fine trailer...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

Agreed. I use to have a Pacific trailer and it was excellent. If the trailer is in good condition replace any parts as necessary as said. My boat holds water too and it is on a brand new EZ loader trailer. Before you put the boat away pull the drain plug and drive up a steep driveway or similar. If stored outside then raise the tongue and put a cover on it.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

luucampalans91

Hey all!

My names Luis and I am actually the Sales and Operations Manger here at Pacific Trailers. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I have also been thinking about running a special for us here just not sure what the rules are for the forums. Again ask away guys I am happy to help and I constantly check this through out the days!

As for the bow down the the boat sits level on the trailer. As mentioned above just simply chalk the wheels and use the wheel jack to prop it high. Let me know!
17 Sea Chaser 83

StreamFixer

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

BruceL2_Fish

I agree with StreamFixer and others, it is a set up issue.

Luucampalans91, sent you a PM as well.   I have a single axle EZLoader under my 19SR and I have been talking about upgrading to tandem axle since I bought the boat.   
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

GregE

Quote from: luucampalans91 on February 20, 2018, 10:22:28 AM
Hey all!

My names Luis and I am actually the Sales and Operations Manger here at Pacific Trailers. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I have also been thinking about running a special for us here just not sure what the rules are for the forums. Again ask away guys I am happy to help and I constantly check this through out the days!

As for the bow down the the boat sits level on the trailer. As mentioned above just simply chalk the wheels and use the wheel jack to prop it high. Let me know!

Now that fits the AO standards- we like to help others spend their money- and look hard for bargains for our projects   :biggrin:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

luucampalans91

ARENT WE ALL! LOL...

Quote from: GregE on February 20, 2018, 06:45:08 PM
Quote from: luucampalans91 on February 20, 2018, 10:22:28 AM
Hey all!

Now that fits the AO standards- we like to help others spend their money- and look hard for bargains for our projects   :biggrin:
17 Sea Chaser 83