News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Are 9x9 Lencos big enough for a 16SC?

Started by Fisherdv, January 23, 2018, 07:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

First Cabin

I run 8x10 Bennett on my 17 and they work just fine.  I'll never again own an Arima without trim tabs.  Adding them is like getting a new boat.

When the water get's rough, deploy the tabs, push the front down and plow home comfortably.  Usually out in the salt, it isn't how fast you can go, but how slow you can stay on plane that is important.  Many days I'm coming in about 12mph.

If you've never had tabs on your boat, you don't know what your missing.  Of course if you boat on a lake, they probably aren't needed.  But even then, it sure is nice to be able to balance the load with the touch of a button.
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

58Johnson

2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

Fisherdv

Trim tabs are done. I ended up going with the 9x12 tabs. Other members have this same size and say they work great. I also took into consideration that when the water is rough I want to be able to stay on plane as slow of a speed as possible. I feel the 9x12 size will have the most lift at those slower speeds vs the 9x9. Install went well, just a bit time consuming. I also used the LED switch. I decided to just run the wires over the top of the transom vs drilling the holes. They would end up in the splash well either way so I didn't think it was necessary to drill more holes. Thank you guys for all the advice. Hope I made the right choice

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

croaker stroker

Looks good. Very nice install.   :applause:

Now you are probably going to want an in-hull transducer. My Humminbird came with instructions for my transom mount transducer which explained how to glue it in-hull (not thru-hull).

I have never tried this, but others have done it and seem happy with the results.

Seems like there would be some signal loss, but I guess it is not noticeable.  :shrug9:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

My transducer is still on the transom just to the left of the starboard tab. Hard to see in that pic because of the prop blade.

amazing grace

yes, nice job. I look forward to getting a report or two on performance. Sure there will be a learning curve. Congrats.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Yachter Yat

Fisher;   Good job..........looks neat.  I like those Lencos.  I'd bet a lot less work to install than hydros. 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

Looks great, nice and even placement on them.:clap:  I think you're going to be really happy with them, especially on those choppy SF bay days.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

J Chaser

Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

Fisherdv

Thanks guys, I'll start another thread on the performance review