Author Topic: Is this a forum members boat? Got some questions about the arch....  (Read 617 times)

Offline Calchef

Saw this sea chaser in the gallery for Fish-on arches. Really like this jr. river crossover arch
and wanted to see some other pictures of it. Also, to ask a few questions about the install.

If anyone knows who’s boat this is i would really like to get in touch with the owner.

First time adding a photo, hope this works....
Thanks folks!
'84 sea chaser 17'
'95 mariner 90hp

Offline Rokefin

Re: Is this a forum members boat? Got some questions about the arch....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »
Photo worked fine.  It is a nice looking arch, also retractable?  Somebody will come along and know the owner...
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Offline Calchef

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »
very nice arch, and it can fold down for storage and transport. also comes with a tow anchor point in the middle for summer fun.
not quite sure how i feel about that yet, would hate to see this thing get torn off the deck  :bigshock:
looks like a California boat from the id numbers. hopefully somebody knows this boat, would really like to ask them some questions.

'84 sea chaser 17'
'95 mariner 90hp

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 09:20:27 AM »
There’s quite a few Arimas in my area. I saw 3 or 4 last weekend. One of them runs a guide service with his 17.
2018, 16 ft Arima Sea Chaser, Honda 60HP

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:37 AM »
I don't know the boat, but I believe that is a FishOn modular arch, looks like one of their "River" models.

http://www.fishonsports.com/320.html

http://www.fishonsports.com/120.html

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline AlexB

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 10:55:59 AM »
Better be REALLY careful how you mount that thing if you want to use it for “summer fun”. Yikes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »
Will those fit a 16 SC? If foldable, would still fit in the garage. I like that LED light bar on the top
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:39:09 AM by Fisherdv »

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »
Check the measurements on the web site... they are modular and somewhat adjustable, and have a ton of accessories that can mount to them.  I had one of their arches (different model) on my 17... it has some width adjustment.

They are plenty strong, made out of 2" diameter heavy walled aluminum tubing.  Mount it to the walk-around (the boats are reinforced with 3/4" plywood under there), and use fender washers and I doubt it would have any issues pulling a skiier.

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »
You guys weren’t kidding with that B.O.A.T. saying.......I see something I want for my boat every week :doh: Good thing I don’t worry about the fish to cost of ownership ratio  :whistle:

Offline J Chaser

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 03:27:19 PM »
Yeah the ratio comes down over time. :)

At least I don't have $100k ++ invested like some guys. My wee boat fishes just fine......

J.
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
Yeah that! My little boat gets me to just about all the areas I fish, maybe except for tuna. But, there are years that they are as close as 15-18 miles out off the coast here. Hmmmmm, I would probably have the range too :bigshock:

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »
You guys weren’t kidding with that B.O.A.T. saying.......I see something I want for my boat every week :doh: Good thing I don’t worry about the fish to cost of ownership ratio  :whistle:

Well, the sad thing is... when you get everything possible on your boat, you get two footitis so sell it, then buy another one and do it again...
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »
Luckily my garage would limit me in doing that

Offline J Chaser

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »
Me too, thank goodness.  :yeahthat:

J.
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

Offline Calchef

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 05:16:22 PM »
Well my birthday is coming up and i’m hoping i can get a pool going to help subsidize my purchase.

3wt...yes it is a Fishon arch, that’s where i found the picture. If i do pull the trigger i will definitely be
        doing a deck mount install vs a cuddy one. Good to know that is backed with 3/4 ply. Thanks for
        the info.

We have a few Arima’s down here in monterey too, but i have not seen anyone with this JR River Crossover arch. Really like the looks of it vs the one with the straight bar across the top. That is why i was hoping to contact the owner about the install.

I will post pics of the installation when that happens so anyone else who is looking at the same one can have some good info...

Off to put new line on some reels, ciao for now.....
'84 sea chaser 17'
'95 mariner 90hp

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 05:30:15 PM »
Please keep me posted on how your install went. You got me considering one of those too for my 16, I like it

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
That's not my boat, but I have the fish-on Uni arch. With the Captains package, two fish-on LED FLOOD lights and the anchor light. Recently I purchase the fish-on stantion for the radar being installed tomorrow. The anchor light and Stantion is not in this photo.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline mustang65fbk

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 01:42:03 AM »
I don't know the boat, but I believe that is a FishOn modular arch, looks like one of their "River" models.

http://www.fishonsports.com/320.html

http://www.fishonsports.com/120.html

That's funny because the picture the OP posted is actually on that site at the very bottom of the pictures for the "Jr. River CrossOver" model.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2004 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
     Fishing Machine;  Very nice!  That is one rugged looking rig!  BTW, I was wondering why you didn't mount your VHF antenna higher-up on that upper (kind of flat looking) cross member?  Seems like it could have served to give you a bit more transmitting distance.......no?

Yat
Dear Arima:  Stretch the Hunter platform by 5. Next, stretch the Explorer by 9 and steal 2 or 3 from the cabin.  Please hurry, I'm getting old.

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 07:31:50 AM »
Yat, I thought about that also, but at the time of mounting the antenna, my carport was canvas and not very tall. So I would have to fold my tower down to back it under the patio and the antenna would of hanged out the back of the boat about 4 to 5 feet and space was limited. Putting it on the side helped protect it, and I use a rod holder to hold it in place when going down the road.

Recently there was a post about getting rid of the fiberglass antenna. I research that brand of antenna on the post and been thinking about doing the same. When it is replace the antenna will put on top of the tower. With the purchase of the new fish finder and radar. I've spent enough cash for a while and my radio works fine and gives me good range when fishing in the California Delta. The antenna will wait.

Last year the canvas carport was replace with a metal one and the height is 16'. The tower no longer has to be folded down.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:35:23 AM by Fishin Machine »
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
I have a 4 ft antenna and in the SF bay I can transmit and receive clearly with boats all the way across the bay and far from sight. I would guess at least 10-15 miles

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 08:47:55 AM »
The wire antennas are durable but they are not very good in other respects.  The best bang for the buck in an antenna is the Digital brand.  I prefer the 8' model (529).  Have had several and they last far, far, far longer than Shakespeares.  Higher the better for using on the ocean, vhf is line of sight.

--- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 08:49:03 AM »
Fisher, I was able to talk to a friend in Pittsburg and I was in Walnut Grove. During the salmon season My friends and talk from Rio Vista to Walnut Grove all the time. Three Weight Digital was the brand I am currently looking at. I was going to wait for Fathers day and have the kids get it to me for a present.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
The wire antennas are durable but they are not very good in other respects.  The best bang for the buck in an antenna is the Digital brand.  I prefer the 8' model (529).  Have had several and they last far, far, far longer than Shakespeares.  Higher the better for using on the ocean, vhf is line of sight.
Its a Shakespeare 5104, 4-foot white glass antenna. It lays down nicely and no need to tie it down or support it. I took it from my tin can. If I eventually get one of those fish on arch’s I’m sure I would have to move it

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:37:31 AM by Fisherdv »

Offline Threeweight

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »
There are a lot of variables to how much distance you can get.  Your transmit power, your antenna height, and the receiving antenna height are the big ones, in addition to sea conditions (flat days = more range, big swells to block signal = less range).  The 4' units work well and are plenty good enough for bays and nearshore use, and they are tough.  I go far offshore (40+ miles) so I get paranoid about trying to maintain as much vhf range as possible. 

Good graphic that kind of explains things:

--- Hunter S. Thompson