Author Topic: Looks like ammo is getting more affordable!  (Read 319 times)

Offline Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline jamaica

Re: Looks like ammo is getting more affordable!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »
I always thought Obama and the gun manufacturers were in cahoots. He would talk gun control resulting in prices and sales skyrocketing.
1994 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »
   I own guns, but I don't consider myself a "gun nut".  That said, I "do" love reading about "gun nuts".   Why?...........Because they scare so easily it makes me laugh.  :jester:

Yat 
Dear Arima:  Stretch the Hunter platform by 5. Next, stretch the Explorer by 9 and steal 2 or 3 from the cabin.  Please hurry, I'm getting old.

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Peddler

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 04:34:27 PM »
I always thought Obama and the gun manufacturers were in cahoots. He would talk gun control resulting in prices and sales skyrocketing.

Bill Clinton, Obama, HiLIARy were all very good for the firearm industry, short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Danno

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:11 PM »
My employer sells a lot of plastics into the gun furniture industry (stocks, grips, magazines, etc). Anytime people expect to lose their ability to own firearms, sales skyrocket. When they feel safe, sales slump.
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »
Makes sense, I just hadn't thought about the laws of supply and demand running inverse to political positions.  Kinda seems that with a gun positive system people would buy, when in actuality if there's the threat of gun control folks will hoard.

I did find a great source for mail order ammo during the local hiatus- .22 in particular which I haven't been able to find in Walmart for like 3 years. They have FAST shipping and the best pricing I found online when I was comparing a month or so ago.   http://www.surplusammo.com/ 
I ordered a case of ammo on Saturday night, December 30 and it arrived Tues. Jan 2- following a three day weekend.  They are on their game.

Offline gfakkema

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »
I did find a great source for mail order ammo during the local hiatus- .22 in particular which I haven't been able to find in Walmart for like 3 years. They have FAST shipping and the best pricing I found online when I was comparing a month or so ago.   http://www.surplusammo.com/ 
I ordered a case of ammo on Saturday night, December 30 and it arrived Tues. Jan 2- following a three day weekend.  They are on their game.

They have great deals in their actual store too if you are ever in the Tacoma area. They are one of the few places that i have found that usually has .22 in stock.
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »
Ammo is cheap for all of you because you live in the United States. In California we have to register to purchase bullets.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »

We can no longer order ammo online.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 06:30:51 AM »
   Think about this:   Having enough ammo on hand to help you sleep at night is okay, but you just don't go into a store a buy 50,000 rounds all at once.  People are going to look at you like your some kind of maniac..........and maybe rightly so.   I don't think most of us have (or need)  anywhere near that much.   For me personally, when it becomes necessary to restock, I simply start buying small amounts along during my travels.  BTW, relax..........nobody's going to take our guns away.  Right now we should be more afraid of who's going to take our Democracy. 

Yat
Dear Arima:  Stretch the Hunter platform by 5. Next, stretch the Explorer by 9 and steal 2 or 3 from the cabin.  Please hurry, I'm getting old.

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 06:38:53 AM »

Sorry guys.  Getting too political.

Yat
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:45:23 AM by Yachter Yat »

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 08:11:50 AM »
 :yeahthat: Yat I think your observation is totally correct - about our Democracy
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 08:21:15 AM »
Yep, getting too political... let's don't go there.

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 11:28:04 AM »
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 02:17:12 PM »
   Croaker, I love that sign.  In fact, I'd love to throw a cup of coffee at it.  Then I'd shoot a few holes in it.  It would make it look sort of antiqued..........you know........."decoupaged"   :biggrin:

Yat

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline finfinn

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 02:30:03 PM »
In view of the current situation in Florida I choose not to share my opinion on guns or current US politics. Just wanted to point out that this is the 19th shooting at or close to a school this year in the US with kids dying. Then again -  we are already half way through February. Would, in my opinion, not happen in any civilized country. And for this comment I will probably be banned  :nono: .
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 02:47:06 PM »
   Horrible tragedy for sure.  I'd like to think the people on this site would never think about committing such a crime.  I believe most of us own firearms either for sport or to protect ourselves from someone who might cause us harm. 

Yat

16 SC/Honda 60

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
In view of the current situation in Florida I choose not to share my opinion on guns or current US politics. Just wanted to point out that this is the 19th shooting at or close to a school this year in the US with kids dying. Then again -  we are already half way through February. Would, in my opinion, not happen in any civilized country. And for this comment I will probably be banned  :nono: .

I to hope that I don’t get banned but before the Florida situation I was going to joke that in Canada if we have an intruder we just swing our fishing rod at him and hit him with a single action reel! But the gun thing isn’t funny I feel so bad for all the grieving people . Fin I am going on a Baltic cruise 🚢 after visiting my sons inlaws in Sweden this summer and I will be on the lookout for Arimas in the Baltic!
1988 Sea Hunter 60 Evinrude E-tec
1958 9 ft moulded birch 1958 3 hp Johnston

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »
    Needless to say, our hearts go out to the relatives and friends of the victims of this horrific crime.  We've seen this too many times. This is obviously not the actions of what we've come to know as a responsible gun owner. Somehow.....some way, we will have to try harder to do the best that we can to stop this kind of tragedy from happening in the future. 

Respectfully,  Yat

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline finfinn

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 12:12:27 AM »
 :yeahthat: . Agree with Yat's comments about responsible gun owners. I have guns. Just that the weeding out the nuts, the bad apples and other fruit will not happen if the only thing we do is have a moment of silence in the congress  :twocents:
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 09:47:39 AM »
The kid has acknowledged mental problems, a web site avowing to become known as a school shooter, FBI was notified, choosing to not take action, and the kid could still legally acquire guns???  This is not a matter of gun control, this is a matter of a variety of government employees doing their job(s).

Just like the Texas church shooting --  government had the tools, but dropped the ball (again)

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Online Threeweight

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 10:51:38 AM »
I dunno, if the FBI arrested everyone in America who made an obnoxious or vaguely violent threat on the internet, a very large chunk of the American population would be in prison right now.  Go take a look at the comment section of any Youtube video that makes a political statement of any kind, one way or the other, and you find lots of people saying similar (or worse) things.

Don't disagree that more could and should have been done to follow up on it, but this was the 18th school shooting so far in 2018. 

To me, that points to a larger, more serious problem in American society, culture, and politics right now than our country is willing to admit.  If as a county we are ok with a culture that celebrates violence and encourages an "us vs. them" mentality within our own people, this is what we get.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Wild Card, Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220, Honda 225 and 9.9

“Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.”
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline finfinn

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »
Agree with Steve. Also agree with one Floridian lady on TV who said that the only way to get any change is to vote, because you always get what you order. You may just not know what you ordered. Kind of like the text on Washington State ballot drop box saying something like "The crappy local, state and federal politicians and the lousy officials are selected by the people who choose not to vote".

Anyway, enough of this stuff. I should not worry - except my kids and grandkids are there. Things are a bit more peaceful here. Anybody who really wants a gun can get one, if he or she needs it for a purpose like hunting, target shooting and such. They are all registered. We actually make some of the top notch hunting rifles here. No, we do not worry that the government will come and take them away. And if we need to protect ourselves, it is against our eastern neighbor. In that case we all get arms for that - all men and lots of girls have gone through military service training and can be called in if needed.

The northern hunters are good enough to not need guns shooting gazillion shots per second when they go after moose or deer. The murder rate and mass shooting events in northern Europe are almost nonexistent so I know we are OK. Maybe that is why they would like more Norwegians to go to US? Just wish we all had more of a rare commodity called common sense.

End of rant  :twocents:

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
Yes, gun violence is a really sad and unnecessary aspect of American life.  It is frustrating to hear elected officials say they don’t know what to do about it.

Offline DevMah

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
My heart goes out to the victims and thier families in Florida..
May god give strength to thier families and the victims Rest In Peace.

IMO

In Canada Getting a gun is not so easy as it requires a permit that has to be approved by the RCMP and that you are mentally stable.

I bet you did not know that theses same guns are available in Canada for purchase, but we don’t have as many issues.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/would-canadian-gun-laws-have-stopped-americas-worst-mass-shooters

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/12/04/news/how-american-gun-deaths-and-gun-laws-compare-canadas

Dev

2015 21' Sea Ranger
2015 Yamaha F150
2013 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot 4 blade
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold