News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

This will help justify your boat cost

Started by Diablo, February 07, 2018, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablo

Went to Pike Place market yesterday, sure glad I don't have to buy seafood.  :bigshock:

'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

Yachter Yat

Seems a bit high.  Local "Market Basket" stores in N.H. have haddock fillets @$5.99 lb.  They're showing Alaskan Cod @$6.99 lb.  I know the haddock is fresh out of the Atlantic, but I believe the cod was pre-frozen. 

Yat

Edit:  Just looked at their on-line flyer.  They show Alaskan King Crab legs @$19.99 lb.  I don't get it!
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Just like the gas prices on the west coast, we get reemed! :doh:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

croaker stroker

I don't like Fish that much. My wife does. This photo may help free up some finances. Thanks for posting.  :jester:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

Croaker, what about that freezer stuffed with halibut  :shrug9:

croaker stroker

She makes me eat it. She says I have to eat more "healthy". 

Me..."let's go out for tacos".  Her...."we're staying home and having a healthy meal of Halibut."  Me..."Baah".    Her ... "it won't kill you to eat fish once a week"

🤦🏻‍♀️

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Yachter Yat

Croaker...........That post kinda looks like a sitcom script.  Did you miss your calling?  :stirthepot:

Yat

History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Threeweight

Hey now... halibut (or lincod) fish tacos, with the fish cooked in a tomatillo simmer sauce, are one of my favorite home-cooked meals!  Warm soft corn tortillas, some sour cream and cilantro.... a little lime squeezed over them for good measure... yum!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisherdv

Quote from: Threeweight on February 07, 2018, 11:57:48 AM
Hey now... halibut (or lincod) fish tacos, with the fish cooked in a tomatillo simmer sauce, are one of my favorite home-cooked meals!  Warm soft corn tortillas, some sour cream and cilantro.... a little lime squeezed over them for good measure... yum!
Hmmm, I'm gonna have to try that  :food:

Fisherdv

Crab tacos with a spicy avacado spread! :food: Halibut would be great too! You don't know what your missing Croaker

Rokefin

Looking good Fisher.

Agree, Croaker you don't know what your missing. Try changing up your recipes, never tried the tomatillo simmer sauce but I think my next taco night I will go with threeweights recommendation. I eat fish 2 or 3 times a week, sometimes more sometimes less, but am trying these days to go 4 times a week - extremely healthy and I tire of chicken - glad I love fish!    I picked up a few filets of sturgeon from a friend so that will be my next experiment with fish.

Hold the limes please....

Markshoreline

FISH TACOS!
Croaker run down to Mission Beach and see what flavor is all about!  You can deep fry, or grill the fish.  Your wife will think you're hot!  Except I don't like salmon in fish tacos- white fish only for me.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

beancounter

I agree those prices are high but I don't think any of us want a cost accountant determining how much our fish cost per pound.

troll4fish

even on some of my most "lean" fishing trips to Vancouver island my cost per pound was not that high! If we had to pay those prices for our "fresh frozen" fish we get here in the Denver area I would be eating more red meat and chicken! Fisherdv those tacos look good! I think I am going to make fish and shrimp tacos for dinner tonight! YUM!
92 Sea Chaser 17
2004 (2015 total rebuild) Mercury 90 EFI 4 stroke
2014 Honda 8hp full remote power tilt!

croaker stroker

Quote from: Markshoreline on February 07, 2018, 12:49:31 PM
FISH TACOS!
Croaker run down to Mission Beach and see what flavor is all about!  You can deep fry, or grill the fish.  Your wife will think you're hot!  Except I don't like salmon in fish tacos- white fish only for me.

She says tortillas are made with lard. The crispy ones that I like are fried in more lard.   :doh:

Those crab open face tacos look delicious.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

They are actually crispy tostadas. Fried just the way you like em! :food: Great with a cold 🍺  :dance:

HemiGTX

I'm with Beancounter.  $50/pound is a bargain.
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

AJFishin

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on February 07, 2018, 10:31:54 AM

She makes me eat it. She says I have to eat more "healthy". 

Me..."let's go out for tacos".  Her...."we're staying home and having a healthy meal of Halibut."  Me..."Baah".    Her ... "it won't kill you to eat fish once a week"

🤦🏻‍♀️

That sounds like the same conversation I have with my wife, :jester:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Wiley

Some people just have a hard time eating things that look like a taco but smell like fish...  :rimshot:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Omega3

In the 12 seasons I have had my boat the seafood I have caught has more than paid for my boat.50 pounds of Halibut or Salmon at 20 a pound is $1000.Crab and shrimp are'nt cheap either.Halibut costs me the most due to the distance travelled.Salmon is almost free.
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Fisherdv

Quote from: Wiley on February 07, 2018, 04:48:42 PM
Some people just have a hard time eating things that look like a taco but smell like fish...  :rimshot:
A few squirts of lemon juice should help :rimshot:

Markshoreline

Omega is a brave man! I would never get into justifying the cost of my boating/fishing/trips with the cost of the fish that comes home.  However, Diablo's prices could make it work, eventually....   :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Omega is a "brave man"?  C'mon Mark......have you no "imagination"?   Can you not see the forest for the trees?  Is there so much fog on that island that Nature has inflicted her cataracts upon your vision? 

Wait a minute............I forgot what I wanted to say. 

Oh yeah, that's right.......Omega is just a better angler.  :jester:

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

blue heron

I bought the boat because I wanted the boat. I put fuel in it because I like to be on the water in the boat. I started fishing to have something to do while enjoying being on the water.  Therefore, any fish I bring home are all FREE to me, all caught incidentally to my boat ride.
SR-19
115 Yamaha
8 Yamaha

Diablo

Quote from: blue heron on February 08, 2018, 12:04:39 PM
I bought the boat because I wanted the boat. I put fuel in it because I like to be on the water in the boat. I started fishing to have something to do while enjoying being on the water.  Therefore, any fish I bring home are all FREE to me, all caught incidentally to my boat ride.

I have to agree with you Heron. Fishing is a great reason to be out on a boat but if there was no fishing I would find another reason to have and be out on a boat.  :beerchug:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD