News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

This little scottys bait table is cool!

Started by Fisherdv, February 05, 2018, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

I didn't know what to think when I ordered this scottys bait table, but i gotta say, it's really cool! Fits any of the scottys bases. I use this more than my outboard counter top

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Markshoreline

I got rid of my factory table- it was wonderful to use but I kept raising the 150 and striking the motor cover so ditched it.  My Scotty is mounted exactly in the middle of the transom.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

jamaica

I always liked your paint roller...I put one on mine and it works great and always is a topic of discussion.

Quote from: Markshoreline on February 05, 2018, 09:11:28 PM
I got rid of my factory table- it was wonderful to use but I kept raising the 150 and striking the motor cover so ditched it.  My Scotty is mounted exactly in the middle of the transom.
1994 19' Sea Ranger 150hp Merc 2stk 9.9hp Yam

Holoholo808

For easier searching go to Google and type "site:www.arimaowners.com (search term)"

croaker stroker

Fisher, I like how you mounted it on the deckhand side.  Good thinking.   :beerchug:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

I rigged up some U bolts to hold a paint roller at just the right angle from the rear of the factory tray.  When the motor got close to the fuzzy roller the tray automatically lifted up.  But the roller rusted, and bent.   I'll see if I can find a pic but unlikely...

Holoholo808

Quote from: Markshoreline on February 05, 2018, 09:27:39 PM
I rigged up some U bolts to hold a paint roller at just the right angle from the rear of the factory tray.  When the motor got close to the fuzzy roller the tray automatically lifted up.  But the roller rusted, and bent.   I'll see if I can find a pic but unlikely...

Guess you have to invest in a marine-rated paint roller made from at least 316L SS :P

Having a splashwell table always sounded like a good idea but it would interfere with my center rod holder.

For easier searching go to Google and type "site:www.arimaowners.com (search term)"

Fisherdv

I purchased the outboard counter top too and I really don't even use it. It's heavy, you may forget to raise it and hit you motor, can't see your motor "peeing", have to remove,  or secure it well while trailering

Markshoreline

If you get tired of storing it lots of folks want to buy a used one.

polarbill1999

The Miller marine tables look really awesome and I would guess you could mount on pedestals so it clears the motor.

The previous owner of our 16 mounted 2 right angle brackets on the factory table with a rod between.  He put fuel line over the rod.  Not sure it spins but it is better then nothing
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

BruceL2_Fish

I built my own table with a roller so I don't have to worry about raising the motor.   It's high and easy on the back when filleting fish. 

2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Fisherdv

Quote from: Markshoreline on February 05, 2018, 10:49:46 PM
If you get tired of storing it lots of folks want to buy a used one.
Mine is still new. I have not even used it yet for the reasons I mentioned. One day I may give it a try.

Fisherdv

Rokefin

:yeahthat:  Great table Bruce.

Anyone want to get rid of their factory table for a good price I would take it.

Mooch

Nice table Bruce.  Did you also make those skookum rod holders on your DR mounts too?  I've been looking for something raised like that for halibut season.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

BruceL2_Fish

Yes, I made the rod holders and downrigger mounts.  Those holders are handy when cranking up for bait checks during Halibut, even nice for working small fish up from deep spots. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

StreamFixer

Woody and I made tables for our boats long ago.  I think mine went with the boat (17SC) when I sold it.  At any rate, long gone.  I only used it to cut bait.  The Little Scotty table (easily found at less than $20) works great for that.  My fish filleting is done at the cleaning station or my collapsible cleaning table on dry land where there is room to stand and running water.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

Salmon and some other species here you are not allowed to fillet, or transport filleted. So I really only use that little Scottys for cutting, and rigging baits. I also got the Scotty's cup holder that I can put in any Scotty's base as well

Dbobby23

I use my little bait table for everything. Perfect for herring and even fileting Kokanee or other small fish back at the dock. The other table on the gunnel holds my little flip top herring cooler. I hate reaching for a herring when running a cannonball dropper, fishflash and long leader. Both tables I made out of cutting boards purchased at the business Costco for under 10 bucks
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi