News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

So Cal Arima Owners Roll Call Possible Trip Plan?!?!?

Started by luucampalans91, February 05, 2018, 02:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luucampalans91

Hey all! Curious to see how many of us here are down in the So Cal area. Say from Oxnard area all the way down to San Diego. Thought maybe it would cool to get a trip planned and see how many Arimas we can get together?

Lets see it!
17 Sea Chaser 83

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

luucampalans91

17 Sea Chaser 83

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

luucampalans91

LOL... Lets see if this picks up over night maybe we will need several beers. If not a couple will have to do lol!

17 Sea Chaser 83

SB Steve

That sounds fantastic!  Nice to see Socal on the Group Activity section.  Less than a year as an Arima owner and member of this forum, but my Arima is ready to go!  I am up in Santa Barbara.

luucampalans91

Sweet !

Lets see if this picks up a little more and maybe figure something out one day ?!
17 Sea Chaser 83

troll4fish

Any of you So Cal guys ever do a caravan trip to Baja to fish? I would definitely be up for meeting a group that has experience trailering to the Sea Of Cortez and knows all the ins and outs!
92 Sea Chaser 17
2004 (2015 total rebuild) Mercury 90 EFI 4 stroke
2014 Honda 8hp full remote power tilt!

luucampalans91

I personally havent taken my own boat and trailer down that way but I work at Pacific Trailers and we constantly make trailers for that specific use.  Have made trips in other peoples rigs and its quite the drive ;p...
17 Sea Chaser 83

Fishin Machine

Hey don't forget the Nor-Cal guys. If you give enough notice I would be willing to drive your way.

After taking a trip a few years ago to Santa Barbara, my goal was to go there and fish, but with the fire and floods I've been holding off. I'm willing to go further South with notice.

FM.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

AJFishin

I just saw this, sounds like a good idea, checking in from the SGV.
luucampalans91 I remember meeting you at Pacific Trailer, good to see ya posting. :beerchug
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

luucampalans91

Sweet ! Like to see everyone checking in!

Season is upon for the yellows! Cant wait. Keep up with this post while I figure out arrangements! Busy here at Pacific Trailers...

17 Sea Chaser 83

SB Steve

Quote from: Fishin Machine on February 17, 2018, 09:27:02 PM
Hey don't forget the Nor-Cal guys. If you give enough notice I would be willing to drive your way.

After taking a trip a few years ago to Santa Barbara, my goal was to go there and fish, but with the fire and floods I've been holding off. I'm willing to go further South with notice.

FM.
Santa Barbara is well on the mend after the fire and floods.  Other than some denuded hillsides above Montecito, you wouldn't realize anything happened unless you went looking for it.

And back on subject, a So-Cal meet up sounds fun.  Oxnard to Anacapa?  San Pedro to Catalina or something coastal?

jgm64rivi

Jerry M
jgmsls@yahoo.com
1989 Sea Sprinter
50HP Yamaha 50TLR

croaker stroker

SSericZ and Secret Spot are in Long Beach (I think)

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

jgm64rivi

I am replacing the steering on my boat right now and will be ready by Saturday...  :fishing:
Jerry M
jgmsls@yahoo.com
1989 Sea Sprinter
50HP Yamaha 50TLR

luucampalans91

When we doing this boys. The yellows are biting!
17 Sea Chaser 83

SB Steve

Crap!  I am about 2 weeks out from putting humpty dumpty back together again after ripping all the old wiring out.

croaker stroker

Let's Go ! I'm in. Probably have to be on a Saturday or Sunday because some of the younger guys work.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

I wish I could make it this weekend. But if anyone wants to go out next weekend, I might be heading out.. Water should be warming up nicely after this cold front passes through on Monday.

From what I've seen on BD, looks like some yellows are hitting surface irons and the rockfish are slowly starting to wake up.  I hope the extended warm winter weather will make this year better the last year.

Side note, I heard of this "guy" that caught a crafty monster while enjoying a PB&J sandwich.:jester:

croaker stroker

PBJ :jester: couldnt believe someone else caught one.  :jester:

Next weekend is "Cinco de Mayo".  Launch ramp could be crazy ?? Good day to take a cooler and lawn chair down to the Newport ramp and watch the entertainment.

If yellows are hitting surface iron, take some tuna cat food from 99 store, break it up into a bunch of small pieces in a half bucket of water and catch some Mackerel for bait. Then use the can to throw out the chum. Add small pieces of squid or shrimp to a sabiki.  When you catch your mackerel, don't touch them. Unhook them using a butter knife or hook removal tool and drop them into your bait tank.

When a yellowtail takes your bait, let them run freespool to a count of five. (One thousand one, one thousand two, etc.) then stop your spool and hold on. (No need to jerk or "set the hook") they will hook themselves. Make sure your drag is set properly.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

I was surprised too, to see a 2nd one.  :jester:

Ay, caramba, I forgot next weekend is Cinco de Mayo.  :doh:

Great tips for catching yellows :beerchug:

luucampalans91

Cindo de Mayo does not sound like a good day to be on the water. Lets get some real plans on the books boys.

And yes Croaker is right some of the younger *cough* myself and some others can only be weekend warriors with our work schedules.
17 Sea Chaser 83

SB Steve

Glad it is not next weekend.  Gives me a little more time to put my boat together.  Sounds fun! Yeah, I am a weekends only guy too.

AJFishin

It sounds like things are getting closer for a meet up/trip, so maybe we need to start tossing some ideas in the hat for a first meet up?

Fishing Areas, When, Ramps, Time, etc. and then go from there.
I'll toss out the first suggestion for a first time meet up. Maybe meet around 6am on a weekend at Davies ramp in Long Beach and fish the local LA/OC waters?
:twocents: