News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Gong to the Boat show today

Started by Markshoreline, February 03, 2018, 10:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

Is there anything I have to see, or any great bargains not to be missed?
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Danno

There are wild oats and steel cut oats, breakfast oats and malted oats. There are a few other grains available as well.   :jester:
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Fisherdv

Don't forget cliff bars and overnight oats too :jester:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Yachter Yat

:jester:   Mark;  DO NOT edit that post.  :jester:  It's winter........and we need this.  :jester:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Mooch

Quote from: Markshoreline on February 03, 2018, 10:04:20 AM
Is there anything I have to see, or any great bargains not to be missed?

Nothing I "had" to see, however I liked the Classics and the Outrageous:

Classics:

Outrageous:

Marine 7

As far as boats, always fun perusing them all.  One brand I found interesting was Stabicraft.  They're established in NZ with a proven design that could play well with the tin crowd, although I see it more of a light coastal or AK craft than a Salish sea boat.  Unfortunately their sales staff was more inclined to bash established brands than promote Stabicraft's unique advantages.  Their one piece curved auto windshield was impressive to sit behind, but I would not want to have to replace one.

As far as deals, I picked up one of a couple of Avets that OE had behind the counter.  I'm kicking myself for not picking up a Discovery Bay pot puller and sundry shrimp gear that was on sale at LFS.  Other than that, Don at Arima was stoked about some glass cleaner that was effective in removing spots, but I couldn't find the booth.

Enjoy.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

GregE

Maresedoats and Doesedoats .......

Had to look again to see it was just the davit
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Markshoreline

Hey!  What's up with all the Oat jokes???
:jester:

GregE

So, a Gong goes off every time you buy something??   :stirthepot:
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Fisherdv

The food court has a good, healthy oats and blue berries lunch special  :jester:

Markshoreline

So I'm at the boat show and sent this txt to my wife who is working today and tomorrow....

Here's her txt response:
"Yes!  You have my permission"

It's easy to tell when you're married to the right one!

Dhil12

:applause: :applause: :applause: is that a ranger tug?
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

GregE

Nice.  they do have some great features
Greg

Markshoreline

Yep it's a Ranger and they get up and plane- even the 31!
However, I've stayed here too long so now I want one of these!

Dhil12

We have a 23 foot ranger in the slip next to us. They are beautiful. I've made the mistake of looking at the 27 and 29, but then I look at the bank account ..........
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

First Cabin

Looking at that Ranger....$150k seems almost reasonable!
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Dhil12

Mark, my wife is the same way! We are both lucky guys! Her dad had a beautiful 1954 56 foot Chris Craft she was raised on. All Mahogany and teak with twin 671 Jimmys. She loves boats!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

ATGEP

Fisherdv

You better hurry before she changes her mind

Diablo

Wow a Ranger tug and a Sealegs your wife is being really good to you. Maybe she didn't know the prices.  :jester:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

GoodDays

Markshoreline

The Ranger was on sale for like 130k, but folks often sell the small ones to get into the larger, more comfy Rangers. 

I climbed through the Targa- they are made in Finland (Think of our member Finn Finn who moved back there).  The designers are getting really creative in the 25 foot class!

I have the greatest boat possible for our family's lifestyle.  It would be really hard to beat a 21 HT for me.  I guess the boat show kind of reinforces that for me.  When purchasing and fitting a boat you make a thousand decisions- hopefully they work for the use, capacity, lifestyle that the owner has.  Arimas have lots of values expressed in their design and that combination works very well for us.

Diablo, she knows well that I'd never do anything impulsive or that didn't make financial sense for us, so she gets to say yes to everything!   :jester:

Overall nice Boat Show but I missed seeing the booths of the small resorts, like Critter Cove.  It was fun seeing guys walking around with glasses of beer- nice change there!

Good Days come down here yourself!  We'll put together a dinner and yours is on the house.  The Canada Fish and Wildlife guys had a booth at the show.

Yachter Yat

Hey........maybe next year, Donny will introduce the new Arima  "Sea Hunter 150" and the new "Sea Rover" as described below.  :smile1:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

HemiGTX

Markshoreline's quote:
"Diablo, she knows well that I'd never do anything impulsive or that didn't make financial sense for us, so she gets to say yes to everything!"

Nicole would never make that mistake with me!  She knows that a "no way!" from her doesn't dissuade me on occasion.  Sometimes you just have to ask for forgiveness..

[/quote]
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

Hydroman

Mark,

I believe all of the lodges and guides are at the Puyallup Sportsman show.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Markshoreline

Hydro yes, the Sportsmen's show has more of the smaller businesses.  I may attend this year after missing several.

Hemi- I don't really consider a Sig or a Ruger American- impulse buys.... more in the category of groceries.