News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Oregon Spring Halibut Season tentatively set

Started by StreamFixer, February 01, 2018, 09:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

ODFW guys met Tuesday and recommended the following Spring Halibut fishing. (high probability of being adopted)

"...spring all depth (halibut) season was for 12 days (four Thurs-Sat openings) starting on May 10 and then skipping every other weekend with a minus tide with the last fixed opening from June 21-23. "  With July 1 as the depth for inside 40 fathom only fishing

I plan to be fishing every opportunity until annual limit (6 fish) is filled.

For those not familiar with Oregon fishing, that means 3 consecutive days fishing, every other week-end beginning May 10 until June dates shown.

Tight Lines

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Red 22

After being gone for a month just got back into the country, I hope to see you there Russ. Are you still planning a lead pour this year?
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

StreamFixer

Hi Tony

Lead pour/swap meet on March 17 (be sure to wear something green or bring lots of beer)   :dance:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

La-Z-Buoy

Thanks for the (tentative) dates Russ. First time in our boat last year. Only one time but learned a lot and can't wait to go this year. Didn't catch one but buddy in another boat did. Quite comical the way they boated the fish (including hand gun use  :facepalm: ) but did land it. Let's hope for calm seas.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Threeweight

Shhhhhh.... there are no halibut out of Newport!

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

StreamFixer

I used a hand gun to subdue a halibut once.  Fishing off a log raft near Sitka.  Got the 'butt onto the bundle, shot it with a 1911 colt 45 --- right through the swivel..  Managed to get a gaff in the fish (60+#) and drop the 45 into the drink.  Still there if anyone wants to go get it.  Let me know if you are interested in recovering it and I will tell you right where it is...  only about 60 feet deep.  This was in 1968...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

HemiGTX

That 1911 was just too much for you, eh Streamfixer?!!

AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

StreamFixer

Nah, it hit exactly what I pointed it at...  I was aiming for the fish's head and hit the fish's head ...  Damned swivel got in the way of the bullet after I pulled the trigger  :hoboy:  Fumbly fingers messing with the gaff knocked it out of the holster onto the logs (whole log  loads (70 to 120 logs) strapped and floating) and into the water...

Why am I explaining this to a Marine for crying out loud???    :doh:

So, do you want me to tell you where it is so you can go get it or not???   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Omega3

05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

La-Z-Buoy

Funny thing was, when they shot the fish, it stunned it into submission. They thought they'd killed it, gaffed it, put it into the boat. AND THEN THE FISH WOKE UP  :bigshock:   :rimshot:   !
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Red 22

I haven't seen any 3WT, Friends wife hooked this one after landing a 70 pounder the day before.
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Ttcustomz

Nice fish!!! I need to figure try some of this Oregon Fishing got my license a month ago
1999 Arima Sea Legend twin Honda 75
2017 Custom Weld 20offshore  Suzuki 200 Suzuki FI9.9
2012 Cope Winter Harbor Honda 250
Honda T9.9