News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

1511 Explorer guys

Started by amazing grace, January 26, 2018, 10:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yachter Yat

The Honda BFP60 (like Fishers) has the lower, 2.33:1, gearing as well.  These lower-geared motors do have one major benefit, and that is they generally allow for a wider selection of props. 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Quote from: amazing grace on February 02, 2018, 05:50:07 AM
I completely agree with polarbill. I have always said an Arima with a light butt is the only way to go. The 60hp option that weigh's in around the 250 mark would seem like a great fit. Add a light weight tiller and I do not think TT would be needed necessarily.  Also  his comment about lower grearing is on the mark too. 25-28 mph for a top speed with that low end torque would seem like a great package. Would be like a John Deere on Kubota on the water and handle a nice load.

Thanks guys.
I have the Honda BFP60 with the larger gear case. With the right prop, and a light load it will top out at 30 MPH. Also by having a larger prop, it keeps its grip on turns very well
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60