Author Topic: Is this a forum members boat? Got some questions about the arch....  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Calchef

Re: Is this a forum members boat? Got some questions about the arch....
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »
hey fishing machine,
that tower looks good on your boat but i saw one on a 17' sea chaser like mine and it looked completely out of place.
that's why i was looking at the other model since the corners were angled and it's not quite as tall. Is that the factory height or
did you cut it down a little? i like how you mounted the antenna, was thinking i would mount mine the same way.

here's a couple pic...
'84 sea chaser 17', ‘95 mariner 90hp, ‘92 Nissan 8hp kicker
Garmin gpsmap 492, Lowrance elite 4 hdi, standard horizon vhf.

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
Fisher, I was able to talk to a friend in Pittsburg and I was in Walnut Grove. During the salmon season My friends and talk from Rio Vista to Walnut Grove all the time. Three Weight Digital was the brand I am currently looking at. I was going to wait for Fathers day and have the kids get it to me for a present.

FM
Wow FM, that’s an amazing range. I understand that VHF is line of sight, but if your in Walnut Grove with 20 ft levees on both sides of the river I wonder how your able to reach all the way to Pittsburgh? Signal bouncing :shrug9: That’s obviously not a straight line of sight
2018, Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP

Offline DevMah

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »
Saw this sea chaser in the gallery for Fish-on arches. Really like this jr. river crossover arch
and wanted to see some other pictures of it. Also, to ask a few questions about the install.

If anyone knows who’s boat this is i would really like to get in touch with the owner.

First time adding a photo, hope this works....
Thanks folks!

I have the same arch but no grab rails my boat I pull some pics for you.

Dev
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:21:43 PM by DevMah »
2015 21' Sea Ranger
2015 Yamaha F150
2013 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot 4 blade
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 05:20:17 PM »
hey fishing machine,
that tower looks good on your boat but i saw one on a 17' sea chaser like mine and it looked completely out of place.
that's why i was looking at the other model since the corners were angled and it's not quite as tall. Is that the factory height or
did you cut it down a little? i like how you mounted the antenna, was thinking i would mount mine the same way.

here's a couple pic...
Im also interested in one for my 16 SC in the future. I looked at the fish on web site and it seems the one for $859 (the river sport arch) has the most Arimas in the pics. I agree that some models look out of place on an Arima. I also did a search and found Threeweights thread of one he put on his 17 the “Lady J”. I think he mentioned he wished he had went with a taller model and mounted it to the walk around rather than side mount. Here’s a pic of that one for $859 on a 17. Looks like if this model was cut down (if possible) it may be a good fit/look

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:31:02 AM by Fisherdv »

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »
Calchef, you caught me, I did lower the tower. If my memory serves me right I remove around 5". I'm 6'3" and want to be able to reach the fishing poles without stepping on a stool or seat. Also if you look close to the picture the front and back footings are opposite of each other. This helps with placement pole so the can lay flat and go with the curve of the bow. The reason for not mounting to the side was, the arch would have better support if the footings are flat versus on the side. Just my thought no proof.

Today the Fish-On stansion and radar was installed. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish running the cables and mount the fish finder.

As far as reaching Pittsburg on my radio, last year the water level was high not 20 feet down. We were attempting to sturgeon/striper fish in fast moving muddy water in Walnut Grove and my buddy went to Pittsburg. That probably help with the distance being up so high. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:11:06 PM by Fishin Machine »
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Calchef

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
Hey dev,
Would definitely like to see some pics, not quite sure what you meant by mounted on the grab rail?

Fisherdv...i looked at that one too, it is a little different than the “jr river crossover”. The crossover looks like it has a little bit more sweep on the aft leg and also has an extra gusset for more rigidity.

Fishing machine...curious how you cut those tubes clean and square? I’ve been working as a plumber for the past few years and have a tubing cutter for copper but not sure how it would work on aluminum. It allows you to get a nice square cut. Unfortunately, I don’t have a band saw anymore, maybe two hose clamps and a sawzall? I”m about 6’2” and thought these towers looked a bit tall on our boats.  Radar looks good, nice job.
'84 sea chaser 17', ‘95 mariner 90hp, ‘92 Nissan 8hp kicker
Garmin gpsmap 492, Lowrance elite 4 hdi, standard horizon vhf.

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »
Cal chef, if you look at the footings that attaches to the boat. Both the bolts are pointing outward. My back bolts are on the inside. This brings the back poles in  about 1" closer to the wall. This helps if you try to walk around to the front. The people from Fish-on told me about this.

I cut the tubing with a metal chop saw. One of my uncles gave it to me, never had much use for the saw until then.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »
Having a forward facing LED bar, and 2 square LED lights facing back onto the deck would be awesome for those days that you waited a little to long to pull those poles out of the water and it got dark on the ride in. Also be great for night Sturgeon fishing or tying salmon rigs on those busy ramp days that you have to launch well before sunrise

Offline Fishin Machine

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2018, 08:32:29 PM »
Fisherdv, may in the future maybe I'll add a front light on the bar. There is room for it. I'm going to add a dashboard light next. Today I moved the radio and mounted the 12" fish finder. I could of finished the wiring, but the grand kids came over and that took priority. I'll get it done this week.

Calchef, be careful when lowering the tower. Make sure you do not cut them to short so the canvas top can be put up. My top can be put up, but it is stored by straps attach under the tower. The top cannot be folded over the front windshield unless I fold the tower first. I'm okay with it strap to the bar and it opens just fine.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Offline darci

• Jack
  • 1997 SC17 2017 90e-Tec King SW 2500
  • View Gallery
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
Ordered a River Crossover at the Portland Show. Scheduled to ship tomorrow. I ordered some extra hardware and light kit. Nice guys to work with. The crossover has a tow boss. I asked to delete the Boss, they substituted a Net Holder. I will be fitting a hardtop...If one of you PDX guys wants to take pictures of the install or after that would be SHINEY !