News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Knarly Doood

Started by Mooch, January 18, 2018, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooch

Crab reports have been pretty good coming out of the 2.  Maybe tomorrow isn't such a good day to drop a few pots.

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Fisherdv

I think the whole west coast will have the same conditions. Earlier this week they had the top surfers in the world on notice for a possible go at Mavericks in Half Moon Bay Ca. They were expecting 30+ foot waves

GregE

Hay, Ya Kanna spiel Gnarly wit a K    :berry:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

croaker stroker

On the positive side.... visibility is good.   :whistle:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Wiley

Boston whaler lost at Mavericks yesterday
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Fisherdv

50-60 ft waves reported there yesterday

Fisherdv

Luckily those two in the 19 ft Boston Whaler were rescued. Both were NOT wearing life jackets! REALLY?

AlexB

I used to want a Boston Whaler, but I've seen way to many capsize reports. Now I want an Arima....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ramblin' Rose - 2018 SC19 w/ Honda BF150 and BF8

Fisherdv

They should have never been out there. Whalers won't sink, but they can still flip

Fisherdv

Quote from: AlexB on January 19, 2018, 08:40:25 AM
I used to want a Boston Whaler, but I've seen way to many capsize reports. Now I want an Arima....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to want a Boston Whaler also. I remember coming into the boat ramp one day after fishing and talking to a man for a bit. I told him I was interested in a Whaler and he advised against it. He also said of many reports of capsized Whalers in our area. I do still think they are a very capable boat, but I wanted some weather protection and have been wanting an Arima for a long time

Yachter Yat

You guys are right.  Those little (what I call) "cathedral-hulled" Whalers have a propensity for flipping.   Some years ago 2 kids died off Cape Cod when that happened in one of those.  I can still vaguely remember the film on the news showing that thing upside down in the water.  Here's what I say today:  Don't want a big boat?  Want a small sea worthy boat?  Get an Arima Sea Hunter.  IMO, (size for size) it's a heck-of-a-lot safer.

Yat   

Now if they'd just stretch it 5".  :facepalm:

History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Mooch

You do have to admit tho,in the water or in the air they do look hot. 😉

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Fisherdv

Quote from: Mooch on January 19, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
You do have to admit tho,in the water or in the air they do look hot. 😉

His teeth ain't gonna look to hot when he lands, if he even has any left :jester:

StreamFixer

"Gee, I wonder where the blood in my urine is caused by..."

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Wiley

86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

croaker stroker

I hit my chin on my steering wheel once.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

croaker stroker

No pics....I hit my chin.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Threeweight

20-24' hight breakers on the Columbia Bar... wonder if the Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat School had guys out practicing on it?

https://youtu.be/eeKvywdv8C0?t=19s
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisherdv

Here's a similar video outside the Gate. Called the potato patch.

https://youtu.be/oxxQL8tfs78

Yachter Yat

So........I'm going to buy a nice small Arima and move to Oregon.......near the Columbia River, so I can go boating.  As soon as they let me out of this "hospital", of course.   You'll excuse me now, won't you?......I have to finish cutting-out these paper dolls before the "bugs" come back.  :hoboy:

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

StreamFixer

There's good reason that MLB School is at the mouth of the Columbia.  I would not be at all surprised to learn they were out 'practicing' in that last storm.  Night has to be difficult to judge wave action.  NOAA was reporting 60' at 13 seconds just off the coast Wednesday or Thursday. 

FYI, My boat spent that time in my shop with the door closed  :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Yachter Yat

Fixer, I don't blame you.  Sometimes I wonder if the mouth of that river is ever calm enough (for long enough) to trust going out of it in a small boat.  I mean, what if you go out in the morning when it's like a lake, then try coming in later when it looks like a scene from "The Perfect Storm"?   :shrug9:

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

No bueno if crossing on a strong, outgoing tide with an opposing wind. If you ever have, you learn very quickly not to ever do it again  :doh: You really need to time the tides just right. Of course there's exceptions where the water may have that flat like a lake look, but a few hours later it could look like that video