Author Topic: Arimas in the hood  (Read 466 times)

Offline Mooch

Arimas in the hood
« on: January 15, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
Decided to celebrate MLK day with a little BM and SRC fishing in the 10.  It was a real treat to see so many nice Arimas on the water.  Started the morning out at Apple Tree with an awesome sunrise and a natty little Sea Ranger (I'm sure someone here will recognize).  Snapped a few pics of her between drooling all over myself and waiting for my 'rigger to trip, which never did.  That's until I picked up and left the crowd for greener pastures down at Jeff Head.  When I got there, just before tide change, I came upon a gorgeous Sea Legend which had some friendly lads aboard.  Dhill12?  Anyway while I was straining to hear how tricks were, I inadvertantly crossed my DR wire and it proceeded to hang up near my prop.  No bueno!!!  Fortunately it did not actually tangle in the prop.  Once I was able to clear it I put my tail between my legs and moved on till I was far enough away to change my shorts.  Averting my eyes from all the eye candy, I finally got down to business and put my limit in the boat with enough time to do some C&R with some spanky inshore SRC on the bug rod.  All in all a GREAT day.  Thanks guys, I enjoyed the MLK parade.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:48:19 PM by Mooch »
2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Online rasslingref

Re: Arimas in the hood
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:29 PM »
That looks like an awesome day. Great photos and thanks for sharing the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 1999 Honda 90

Offline GregE

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:18:30 PM »
Wow.

Beautiful day and great photos!!   :applause:
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:25:20 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :beerchug:
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
Great pics and a productive morning fishing, too!  Very nice.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »
Hey that 22 Sea legend is Me ! :arms:
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »
Decided to celebrate MLK day with a little BM and SRC fishing in the 10.  It was a real treat to see so many nice Arimas on the water.  Started the morning out at Apple Tree with an awesome sunrise and a natty little Sea Ranger (I'm sure someone here will recognize).  Snapped a few pics of her between drooling all over myself and waiting for my 'rigger to trip, which never did.  That's until I picked up and left the crowd for greener pastures down at Jeff Head.  When I got there, just before tide change, I came upon a gorgeous Sea Legend which had some friendly lads aboard.  Dhill12?  Anyway while I was straining to hear how tricks were, I inadvertantly crossed my DR wire and it proceeded to hang up near my prop.  No bueno!!!  Fortunately it did not actually tangle in the prop.  Once I was able to clear it I put my tail between my legs and moved on till I was far enough away to change my shorts.  Averting my eyes from all the eye candy, I finally got down to business and put my limit in the boat with enough time to do some C&R with some spanky inshore SRC on the bug rod.  All in all a GREAT day.  Thanks guys, I enjoyed the MLK parade.  ;)

Great pictures and thanks for getting a pic of me. we didnt fair as well as you. 12-15 hookups,18-21inches, no keepers but a fun day! Next time come over and say Hi!
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline stewski346

• Jack
  • Good luck? Make your own damn luck...
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
Great report and beautiful pics.  I am always amazed how many Arimas I see also. I thought I was the only one who used a dual lock on my spoon leaders. Guess the cats out of the bag.  I find that I change it out more often if it doesn't have a permanent leader. Question, do you troll for SRC? Not familiar with a bug rod...
'92 SR 17, 115 Yamaha main, 9.9 Yamaha kicker

Offline Mooch

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
Great report and beautiful pics.  I am always amazed how many Arimas I see also. I thought I was the only one who used a dual lock on my spoon leaders. Guess the cats out of the bag.  I find that I change it out more often if it doesn't have a permanent leader. Question, do you troll for SRC? Not familiar with a bug rod...

The DuoLock is sure easier than retying tying locking loops on choppy water.  Plus the fish don't seem to care.  I think they also unleash the spoons maximum flutter.

You can troll for SRC, but I just motor drift along the shoreline and cast a fly rod (aka bug rod) in towards shallow water.  It's great to see the SRC making a come back to levels I remember in the 70's.  Good luck and play nice with them.  ;)
2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Offline First Cabin

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »
Nice job.  Yeah, I would have told you not to put a Duolok in front of your spoon! :biggrin:
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8