Author Topic: Arimas in the hood  (Read 586 times)

Online Mooch

Arimas in the hood
« on: January 15, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
Decided to celebrate MLK day with a little BM and SRC fishing in the 10.  It was a real treat to see so many nice Arimas on the water.  Started the morning out at Apple Tree with an awesome sunrise and a natty little Sea Ranger (I'm sure someone here will recognize).  Snapped a few pics of her between drooling all over myself and waiting for my 'rigger to trip, which never did.  That's until I picked up and left the crowd for greener pastures down at Jeff Head.  When I got there, just before tide change, I came upon a gorgeous Sea Legend which had some friendly lads aboard.  Dhill12?  Anyway while I was straining to hear how tricks were, I inadvertantly crossed my DR wire and it proceeded to hang up near my prop.  No bueno!!!  Fortunately it did not actually tangle in the prop.  Once I was able to clear it I put my tail between my legs and moved on till I was far enough away to change my shorts.  Averting my eyes from all the eye candy, I finally got down to business and put my limit in the boat with enough time to do some C&R with some spanky inshore SRC on the bug rod.  All in all a GREAT day.  Thanks guys, I enjoyed the MLK parade.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:48:19 PM by Mooch »
2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Currently accepting hot waypoints from WA MA 2-10

Offline rasslingref

Re: Arimas in the hood
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:29 PM »
That looks like an awesome day. Great photos and thanks for sharing the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 1999 Honda 90 Yamaha 9.9

Offline GregE

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:18:30 PM »
Wow.

Beautiful day and great photos!!   :applause:
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:25:20 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :beerchug:
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Online Markshoreline

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
Great pics and a productive morning fishing, too!  Very nice.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »
Hey that 22 Sea legend is Me ! :arms:
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »
Decided to celebrate MLK day with a little BM and SRC fishing in the 10.  It was a real treat to see so many nice Arimas on the water.  Started the morning out at Apple Tree with an awesome sunrise and a natty little Sea Ranger (I'm sure someone here will recognize).  Snapped a few pics of her between drooling all over myself and waiting for my 'rigger to trip, which never did.  That's until I picked up and left the crowd for greener pastures down at Jeff Head.  When I got there, just before tide change, I came upon a gorgeous Sea Legend which had some friendly lads aboard.  Dhill12?  Anyway while I was straining to hear how tricks were, I inadvertantly crossed my DR wire and it proceeded to hang up near my prop.  No bueno!!!  Fortunately it did not actually tangle in the prop.  Once I was able to clear it I put my tail between my legs and moved on till I was far enough away to change my shorts.  Averting my eyes from all the eye candy, I finally got down to business and put my limit in the boat with enough time to do some C&R with some spanky inshore SRC on the bug rod.  All in all a GREAT day.  Thanks guys, I enjoyed the MLK parade.  ;)

Great pictures and thanks for getting a pic of me. we didnt fair as well as you. 12-15 hookups,18-21inches, no keepers but a fun day! Next time come over and say Hi!
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline stewski346

• Jack
  • Good luck? Make your own damn luck...
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
Great report and beautiful pics.  I am always amazed how many Arimas I see also. I thought I was the only one who used a dual lock on my spoon leaders. Guess the cats out of the bag.  I find that I change it out more often if it doesn't have a permanent leader. Question, do you troll for SRC? Not familiar with a bug rod...
'92 SR 17, 115 Yamaha main, 9.9 Yamaha kicker

Online Mooch

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
Great report and beautiful pics.  I am always amazed how many Arimas I see also. I thought I was the only one who used a dual lock on my spoon leaders. Guess the cats out of the bag.  I find that I change it out more often if it doesn't have a permanent leader. Question, do you troll for SRC? Not familiar with a bug rod...

The DuoLock is sure easier than retying tying locking loops on choppy water.  Plus the fish don't seem to care.  I think they also unleash the spoons maximum flutter.

You can troll for SRC, but I just motor drift along the shoreline and cast a fly rod (aka bug rod) in towards shallow water.  It's great to see the SRC making a come back to levels I remember in the 70's.  Good luck and play nice with them.  ;)
2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Currently accepting hot waypoints from WA MA 2-10

Offline First Cabin

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »
Nice job.  Yeah, I would have told you not to put a Duolok in front of your spoon! :biggrin:
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8