News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

One of a kind 17 with Homemade Hardtop

Started by whgordon, January 15, 2018, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whgordon

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/d/17-arima-sea-chaser-1991-model/6456278889.html

$13,500 with looks to be decent newer 4 strokes. Not mine but definitely a unique design. If I was closer I definitely would want to take a peak :-)
2014 19 Sea Chaser, Yamaha 115 n 9.9.
"The Fishy Knot"

AlexB

Interesting. Wonder how much that DIY hardtop weighs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ramblin' Rose - 2018 SC19 w/ Honda BF150 and BF8

Yachter Yat

Looks funny on land, but put it in the water............and it's a whole different story.  Kinda cool! :biggrin:

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fishin Machine

I like the way it looks, wish it was closer.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Rokefin

Nice boat and I am sure the top works well, somebody will get a good set up.....but, I only like modifications that look like they belong, for me I'm not too fond of it - I also would like to see it in person, but too far.

AlexB

Quote from: Rokefin on January 17, 2018, 07:10:25 AM
Nice boat and I am sure the top works well, somebody will get a good set up.....but, I only like modifications that look like they belong, for me I'm not too fond of it - I also would like to see it in person, but too far.
Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ramblin' Rose - 2018 SC19 w/ Honda BF150 and BF8

Fisherdv

X3, I like the one with the aluminum top with the slant forward windshield that I think another member here had or sold much better
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Threeweight

I've fished around this boat a few times on the Columbia around St. Helens... I would second the note that on the water it looks pretty cool.

With the price he's asking for a 17' in nice shape with 4 strokes and gear, the top is just a bonus.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisherdv

Threeweight

That was Eric's boat... he was active on the Arima forum until he sold it and got a Parker.

I believe he was asking $20k for that boat down in S. California.  Not sure what it ultimately sold for. 

$13,500 for this boat in OR/WA seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Rokefin

Ssericz

I got over asking 45 mins after posting it forsale down here. Ironically there is are multiple copies of my boat down here now, but mine lives on in San Diego/mx with a world class spear fishermen

Fisherdv

The top on your previous boat looks like it belongs, it fits the look of the boat well. Has that no frills, commercial, down to business look. I like it. I might get beat up for saying this, but any pics of the new Parker?  :biggrin:

Ssericz

Quote from: Fisherdv on January 20, 2018, 09:30:51 AM
The top on your previous boat looks like it belongs, it fits the look of the boat well. Has that no frills, commercial, down to business look. I like it. I might get beat up for saying this, but any pics of the new Parker?  :biggrin:

Sorry been away for a bit but ya I'll post a couple

I miss my arima every day though

croaker stroker

I have been watching on your Instagram page and Bloodydecks.

You are a busy guy.   :beerchug:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Ssericz

Fisherdv

Wow, that's bad a$$!  Looks like a feeding frenzy in that first pic. Those are some monster tuna!  :party: Thanks for sharing!

Rokefin

Ssericz,  that Cali or Mexico waters?     How far off shore must one travel?

Fisherdv

Rokefin, I've seen a video on you tube of a 17 Arima 30 miles offshore in San Diego fishing tuna

Ssericz

Mostly off cal but we do run down to mx water from San Diego

The big tuna we caught this year around 20-60miles offshore... my arima had been to all the same areas aswell

Follow my Instagram if u want @ssericz or business page @ez_sportfishing
Link to a fun YouTube video
http://youtu.be/oX4uzo9FnFk

GregE

Fun video Eric   :applause:

Hope that radar is turned off- your 'tuna spotter' could get a sensitive burn   :bigshock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4uzo9FnFk&feature=youtu.be
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Rokefin

Quote from: Ssericz on February 01, 2018, 12:24:09 PM
Mostly off cal but we do run down to mx water from San Diego

The big tuna we caught this year around 20-60miles offshore... my arima had been to all the same areas aswell

Follow my Instagram if u want @ssericz or business page @ez_sportfishing
Link to a fun YouTube video
http://youtu.be/oX4uzo9FnFk

Thanks Scericz, I just started to follow you on Instagram.  I have a bow tank along with the rear tank so my range is pretty good on the 17 Chaser - hopefully I can soon graduate up to the tuna. I'll enjoy the video now...

Ssericz

YA Greg no need to run radar with 40+ mile vis haha

Since that was filmed I've done a lot of changes on the boat

ohmytodd

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Ssericz

:shrug9: some people maybe good carpenters but terrible with asthetics

Now if anyone in the market for a little skiff I'm selling a little radon