News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Warm and snug in NC?

Started by Arimaway, January 06, 2018, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arimaway

Left my SR down in New Bern NC under the condo.
Nice warm and snug?

Those boats in the marina are frozen in surrounded by ice.  New Bern is about 170 miles North East of Myrtle Beach SC.
Temps are in the single digits.  They got six inches of snow Wednesday early AM.
People live on those boats.   Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

1987 Sea Ranger 17.
2016 Mercury 90 Command Thrust 4-STROKE

croaker stroker

Yikes !!  😬

Does that do damage to the outdrives, lower units or engine blocks ?
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Arimaway

Don't know if there will be damage, but the temps will be back to the normal 50s and 60s. next week. 
They had two weeks of sub freezing temps.  I doubt this marina has seen ice before.
1987 Sea Ranger 17.

HEL EN BACK

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  It snowed a few days ago in New Bern, but only 4 to 7 inches.  Since then, the temperature has been a low of 6 and is not expected to change for a few more days.  There is a local site that I use called town dock nc .  The good outlook according to the major weather stations is that a late January thaw is expected.
Joe

HEL EN BACK

The site should read  town dock oriental nc.

Markshoreline

Arimaway is that condo built up on pilings because of potential flooding?  Reminds me of houses on the Gulf Coast.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Arimaway

Yes built on pilings for potential flooding.   I have the condo 2 and a half years and four hurricanes came through the area since.  Water level didn't even come close to the condo.  But I'm told when Irene hit there was about two feet of water where my Arima is parked.  Supposedly Irene was the high water mark.

Here is a couple of a  past hurricanes in the marina.  Northwest Creek Marina is one of the largest and most protected on the east coast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEHvk1uvO_4
1987 Sea Ranger 17.

Arimaway

By the way.  This morning it is actually 8 degrees warmer at my house here in Durchess County NY then it is in New Bern NC.  17 degrees here only 9 down there.
1987 Sea Ranger 17.