News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Little Xmas Wiper Upgrade

Started by cohosalmon, December 24, 2017, 11:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cohosalmon

Thought I report about a little upgrade I made today in case someone has a similar taste. It always annoyed me that my wiper only operates at full speed or upon one touch activation. I wanted a timer/delay like I have in my car. A while ago I found at a garage sale a wiper pulse switch. Was pretty easy to follow the wiring diagram so I installed this yesterday. Works very well, now I can set my wipers from full speed to once per 30 sec and infinitely in between. Merry Christmas.

ATGEP

Omega3

I was looking for a new project,you found it for me!
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Rokefin

First Cabin

Okay....that's a must have.

Out with the details!  Where can I buy one?
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

cohosalmon

Here is what I had found at a garage sale:

Threeweight

Some of the Hewes guys are installing this intermittent wiper switch on their boats.  Pretty cost effective, and the guy who have them seem to like them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Boat-INTERMITTENT-Windshield-Wiper-Switch-12V-Marine-AFI-Ongaro-Vetus-Motor-/281298674172
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisherdv

Quote from: Threeweight on December 25, 2017, 12:14:26 PM
Some of the Hewes guys are installing this intermittent wiper switch on their boats.  Pretty cost effective, and the guy who have them seem to like them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Boat-INTERMITTENT-Windshield-Wiper-Switch-12V-Marine-AFI-Ongaro-Vetus-Motor-/281298674172
That looks like a pretty easy upgrade. Wonder if that would work on my 16 :shrug9:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60