News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Area 10 1st day of winter fishing

Started by Diablo, December 21, 2017, 03:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablo

Cold. Frost on the windows, frost in the dock, frost on the deck, frost n the bait table. Good tide, clear sky, little wind. Fished Elliot Bay, West Point, and Alki Point. Didn't see any bait, nothing but shakers, but a good time.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

rasslingref

I'm very jealous Diablo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Dhil12

We got the second legal fish today off president point. Got the other one last Saturday. There is a shelf out there between president point and Jeff head. Saturdays was on the west side, todays was on the east side in about 120 feet of water fishing 80 feet of line. Both were small, about 23 inches.
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Nineball

Way to get some good eats from that new boat Darrell!

Me,  i just did a small fish trade with my boss today.  I gave him 3 half loins of vac-sealed albi and 3 pints of canned albi for 4 very nice fillets of coho,  vac-sealed from his Alaska trip last summer.

Win win since i was out of red meat
Parker 2310, 225suzi, 9.9HT

Dhil12

Quote from: Nineball on December 21, 2017, 05:52:20 PM
Way to get some good eats from that new boat Darrell!

Me,  i just did a small fish trade with my boss today.  I gave him 3 half loins of vac-sealed albi and 3 pints of canned albi for 4 very nice fillets of coho,  vac-sealed from his Alaska trip last summer.

Win win since i was out of red meat

Thanks nine ball. Back to back trips with keepers. One is already smoked, may cut a filet of todays and smoke the other half. Everyone loves smoked salmon!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Fisherdv

Good going Dhil12! Sounds like those new Lamiglas rods you got are working well for you :gone_fishing:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Dhil12

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 21, 2017, 06:41:34 PM
Good going Dhil12! Sounds like those new Lamiglas rods you got are working well for you :gone_fishing:

Well kinda. I broke the tip one one today. Totally my fault bending it too far to clip the release. I'm gonna use choppy water for my excuse, hope the wife buys it when I go to the sporting goods store in the morning.... :berry: :shark:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Fisherdv

Does that particular model have the lifetime warranty? Or maybe like with the G Loomis rods they have a no-fault warrantee to where you pay them $50 and they send you a new rod even if it's your fault

Dhil12

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 21, 2017, 06:50:17 PM
Does that particular model have the lifetime warranty? Or maybe like with the G Loomis rods they have a no-fault warrantee to where you pay them $50 and they send you a new rod even if it's your fault

Great idea. I need to check that out, but it is totally my fault
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

croaker stroker

They might still replace it. Many of the high end rod companies will offer that.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Dhil12

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on December 21, 2017, 07:33:27 PM

They might still replace it. Many of the high end rod companies will offer that.

Thanks Croaker. I'll chech with the store I bought it at. It was a Lumiglass classic. Not an expensive rod but it would be great if they did!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

croaker stroker

I would check with Lamiglas directly. Some retail stores may not want to be bothered with handling a return for free.

Here ——>     http://www.lamiglas.com/rod-repair-replacement/
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

gfakkema

If you ever get a chance, take it to the factory in Woodland. They've given me the top half of a few rods that I've broken for free (or little cost). I usually save up whatever rods that break and will stop by if I'm on my way to PDX. I don't know why, but I have a problem with lamiglass rods and seem to break almost all of them. They have always been understanding though and usually take care of it on the spot.
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

Fisherdv

Quote from: gfakkema on December 21, 2017, 09:01:41 PM
If you ever get a chance, take it to the factory in Woodland. They've given me the top half of a few rods that I've broken for free (or little cost). I usually save up whatever rods that break and will stop by if I'm on my way to PDX. I don't know why, but I have a problem with lamiglass rods and seem to break almost all of them. They have always been understanding though and usually take care of it on the spot.
I love my Lamiglas salmon rods but I do agree, they can be fragile. As long as you don't high stick them, or break them accidentally they are fine IMO. Personally I haven't broke one. I've had a G-1000 8'6" model 1313T salmon rod about 15 years now and has seen numerous 20+ king salmon. Other than the cork on the handle getting chewed up it's still going strong today. I also have the new G1000 pro rod as well. Light kinda delicate rods, but I love em

Dhil12

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 21, 2017, 09:19:30 PM
I love my Lamiglas salmon rods but I do agree, they can be fragile. As long as you don't high stick them, or break them accidentally they are fine IMO. Personally I haven't broke one. I've had a G-1000 8'6" model 1313T salmon rod about 15 years now and has seen numerous 20+ king salmon. Other than the cork on the handle getting chewed up it's still going strong today. I also have the new G1000 pro rod as well. Light kinda delicate rods, but I love em

Thanks guys. I will contact them to see if they will warrant my stupidity :party: Hey Gregg, what excuse did you use? :jester:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

gfakkema

No excuse. I don't even explain what happened. Just go in asking for the top half for whatever rod you need. If they have one readily available, they will usually let it go for free or very cheap. The only time that I've had to pay is when the bottom half gets damaged. I have 11 lamiglass rods and 9 of them have gotten replaced in some form or fashion. They are very understanding.
2001 22' Sea Legend HT w/Alaskan Bulkhead
2006 Suzuki DF250 / 2004 Mercury 9.9

Dhil12

Quote from: gfakkema on December 22, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
No excuse. I don't even explain what happened. Just go in asking for the top half for whatever rod you need. If they have one readily available, they will usually let it go for free or very cheap. The only time that I've had to pay is when the bottom half gets damaged. I have 11 lamiglass rods and 9 of them have gotten replaced in some form or fashion. They are very understanding.

Wow! That is great customer service! I dont know when I will get down there, but with that information I have no problem replacing the one I have and keeping the broken one for when ever I go south. I love the rod, it gives a good solid hook up and great feel. Thanks for the information. By the way, if you ever come north, you always have a spot in my boat! :arms:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker