News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

I may have found my new boat

Started by Salmon King, December 08, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

I used to like the little C-Dorys also. I used to see two of them regularly on a river I fish. One was about 22', the other was about a 16. Nice little boats. I tried to post the link but it doesn't come out highlighted on here from my iPhone
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Mooch

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Fisherdv

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Markshoreline

Not mine, but a couple of those crabs look small!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Threeweight

One thing to consider... re-sale.

Heavy gauge welded tin cans from known Pacific NW builders don't depreciate in value much, which is why it is so hard to find something like a Hewes Pro-V cheap.  The flip side is when it comes time to sell, they pretty much sell themselves (for brands like North River, Duckworth, and Hewes, they seem to hold their value even better than Arimas).

If you may have sell this boat down the road at some point, that is one thing to consider when pricing against cheaper Smokercrafts, Klamaths, Bayrunners, etc...

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisherdv

As much as I liked my Klamath I had the bottom thickness is not that thick. If you plan on beaching or banging around on rocks I would use caution. Although gravel should be fine. The  more offshore oriented Klamath or Bayrunner Baja models have a thicker aluminum hull

Fisherdv

This should do it, 16 ft, not sure of the cost, but probably $$$ :shrug9: Looks like a solid boat

Fisherdv

I really like the raised bow on the Bayrunner Bajas, looks like it could take some good water. So many choices, sorry Salmon King :shrug9: It's really up to YOU what you want and fits your needs. I almost feel like I'm boat shopping again  :facepalm:

Salmon King

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 14, 2017, 10:12:19 PM
I really like the raised bow on the Bayrunner Bajas, looks like it could take some good water. So many choices, sorry Salmon King :shrug9: It's really up to YOU what you want and fits your needs. I almost feel like I'm boat shopping again  :facepalm:

I agree with you about the look.  They are deeper, and wider than a standard Bayrunner. 
It looks so seaworthy.
Unfortunately this model is extremely hard to come by in our area.  Of course when they do they demand a PREMIUM price.  Owners get ridiculously high dollar for them.
Regular bay runners come up frequently however.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/d/18-westcoaster-bayrunner-50/6421427497.html

I really don't have a need or a want for a 18' Boat though....
I should have stepped up for the 16...it was pretty nice and had 2017 main and kicker motors...
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

StreamFixer

Sounds like Arima 19SC pricing and demand..

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

Here's a new, 17 ft. Actually pretty reasonable starting price @ $20,995

Fisherdv

Salmon King

Everyone...

I have decided to suspend my search until the boat/sportsman shows roll around.
At that time I'm going to see about a new one.
Then I can set it up how I need it and not have to deal with inheriting someone else's "custom" items.

Thanks for looking though...
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Fisherdv

Sounds good SK. I remember you saying you weren't in any hurry to get another boat as you still catch a lot from shore. Waiting may be a good idea. That way you can take your time and get what you really want once you find it. Good luck!

Dbobby23

Here's your new boat. The tounge option on the trailer would sell like hot cakes in the northwest.
https://youtu.be/--byPBI-PZg
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi

Fisherdv

Quote from: Dbobby23 on December 16, 2017, 04:21:29 PM
Here's your new boat. The tounge option on the trailer would sell like hot cakes in the northwest.
https://youtu.be/--byPBI-PZg
That thing looks like a tank!

Dbobby23

[/quote]That thing looks like a tank!

It sure does huh. I love it, every square inch is functional.
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi

Yachter Yat

The problem with that boat is, every time you step on board, you have to be dressed in camouflage.  Hey........it's the law!  I still think one of those Smartwaves is the way to go........at least for what Salmon was planning on doing.   My personal favorite is that SW4800 Cuddy.  15'-7"L, 6'-6"W and 750 lbs?  Man....I'd get pretty exited seeing that with a 60 Honda.  I'd probably even pay a little money to see the performance stats. I think there's a pic, somewhere out there, of one of those with an arch and rocket launcher over the canvas.   

Yat
You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)