News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bluewater Bait Tank Install

Started by croaker stroker, November 16, 2017, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJFishin

Awesome catch you guys got! :applause:
Looks like all the work you put in getting the tank installed worked well and definitely paid off!
Glad to see Sam back fishing.

How was moving around the hose?
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Fisherdv

CS, I've been keeping a log for the last few years on when I have the best halibut action up here. The best bite seems to be right after the high tide when the water starts going out till about halfway into the outgo. Ive noticed a definite pattern. Curious if you've experienced the same thing down there
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Arimadrifter

Nice work Croaker! Looks like the money for the new tank was well spent.
17' Arima SC with 2017 90hp Yamaha

tc808

Nice catch!  Wish we had live bait for sale, here you have to catch your own.

croaker stroker

Quote from: Fisherdv on November 30, 2017, 12:19:08 PM
CS, I've been keeping a log for the last few years on when I have the best halibut action up here. The best bite seems to be right after the high tide when the water starts going out till about halfway into the outgo. Ive noticed a definite pattern. Curious if you've experienced the same thing down there

We caught them on the incoming tide... right after low tide.  :shrug9:   :jester:

If a fish will, he will.   :jester:

Quote from: tc808 on November 30, 2017, 03:46:17 PM
Nice catch!  Wish we had live bait for sale, here you have to catch your own.

Sometimes we catch our own.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

croaker stroker

Quote from: AJFishin on November 30, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

It was not an issue. We know it's there, so we don't step on it.  :beerchug:

It is a little bit of a hassle un-clamping the hose clamp and draining the water out fof the belly in the 1-1/2 inch hose. But, better than a 1-1/2" hole under the waterline.

I may do something more permanent in the future. Like a 1-1/2" to 3/4" tee with a valve to drain.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Rokefin

Danno

Yes. He's out going after more halibut. I had to work  :shrug9:
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

AJFishin

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on December 01, 2017, 05:25:23 AM
Quote from: AJFishin on November 30, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

It was not an issue. We know it's there, so we don't step on it.  :beerchug:

It is a little bit of a hassle un-clamping the hose clamp and draining the water out fof the belly in the 1-1/2 inch hose. But, better than a 1-1/2" hole under the waterline.

I may do something more permanent in the future. Like a 1-1/2" to 3/4" tee with a valve to drain.

That's cool the hose was not an issue, well done.

Maybe you need something kind like a 3 way pool diverter valve?
I don't think they're made with the 2 different size ends, but maybe you can fab something?
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Fisherdv

Quote from: Rokefin on December 01, 2017, 08:39:05 AM
Croak 4:25AM ?  going fishing?
Quote from: Danno on December 01, 2017, 09:14:53 AM
Well CS, how did that tank work out today? Any more butts?  :arms:

croaker stroker

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 01, 2017, 03:54:32 PM
Quote from: Rokefin on December 01, 2017, 08:39:05 AM
Croak 4:25AM ?  going fishing?
Quote from: Danno on December 01, 2017, 09:14:53 AM
Well CS, how did that tank work out today? Any more butts?  :arms:

The tank worked great. Not one Sardine died all day.

We didn't do that well today. It was a little too windy. Difficult to stay on the bottom.  I had one about 28" come unbuttoned at the boat. Randy had a really nice one that peeled drag....also came unbuttoned.  I caught one 24" barely legal. Sam took his boat. He did not catch any.

I am learning different ways to tie a double hook trap setup. Fisher, do you buy your traps, or make them ?

My freezers are jam packed with Halibut. My wife enjoys giving it away. She is at my Granddaughters High School Water Polo game. She called to make sure I caught enough to give out a couple of packages.   :jester:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

Glad the tanks working well for you CS. I tie my own rigs. I tie both hooks fixed, and snelled. I separate the hook distance depending on the size of the bait. Funny, last year my buddy threw out a cut piece of dead anchovie and caught a 35 pounder, couple weeks later another guy threw out a dead anchovie with the head cut off and got a 30 pounder. I guess you just never know. I also do a lot of trolling (bounce balling) with a flasher and a large herring in the shallower water. Works pretty good. Looks like you had a great day yesterday and whatever you did worked. I would keep your rig the same way for a bit :shrug9: My freezer is stuffed with salmon. Most of our halibut this year were short. You couldn't keep a bait out there for a few minutes without getting one.

Rokefin

Good on ya Croaker, and your Bride, I love giving and sharing the bounty. Really lights people up to receive fresh sea food, especially the Hali- it is so spendy to buy (of course it does cost us more to fish for it) :facepalm: