News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Sea Dek Sale Coming

Started by GregE, October 26, 2017, 03:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATGEP

Quote from: troll4fish on January 14, 2018, 07:31:25 PM
finally decided to order some Seadek for my 17SC. I went with the light Teak w/ black lines. Found this stuff on eBay for just less than $50/sheet with free shipping. I did this with 3 sheets. Got all the floor done today and now need to make the pieces for the steps, swim ladder, port gunnel top and my storage box lids. Looks way better and now I wont be tripping over the edge of carpets or slipping and busting my keister anymore! It's not perfect as lining up the lines was a challenge and I found that the non skid texture is not symmetrical from side to side. The only part that I was able to use the same template on was the fish box lids.

Was it listed on ebay under seadek or something generic?

troll4fish

Thanks for the Kudos guys! I am pleased with how it came out. Seadek wont sell the Teak sheets for some reason so that is why I went looking online. I am sure they (Seadek) would  say this is inferior product but I feel differently I was an engineer for many decades and plastics were one of my specialties. I inspected this EVA foam when I got it and it is bonded nicely and backed with 3M 9080A transfer adhesive and it sticks down VERY well. sheet size was 35" x 91" x 6mm thick.

I searched on eBay for eva teak decking and several auctions popped up ranging in price from $48/sheet to $185/sheet (why such a range is beyond me as there is probably only 1 or 2 suppliers). I look closely at sellers feedback rating and location. I only buy from sellers with a 99% rating. Seller for mine was in china but product shipped from NJ and California.
92 Sea Chaser 17
2004 (2015 total rebuild) Mercury 90 EFI 4 stroke
2014 Honda 8hp full remote power tilt!

troll4fish

All done! Now onto the next project! I am going to mount 2 Scotty downrigger plates on the inside vertical walls port and starboard to mount the downriggers so when I trailer with them suspended off the floor this new foam floor wont get beat up. I have to get a rod rack or a big case for all my rods and reels so they don't beat up the floor either. I usually throw everything on the floor of the boat and get trucking but no more of that now!
92 Sea Chaser 17

GregE

Wow!!   :applause:  That's too nice to be stuck in the Rockies.....   :shrug9:

Glad several were able to get in on this sale-  I posted it--  and didn't have $$ available so will be watching your good project ideas.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

troll4fish

Thanks Greg! stuck is right! I only had one trip for 4 days on the water at Lake Fort Peck this past summer. I have had too may projects open at the same time so I need to button up everything so I can play more!  :shrug9:.....

did you come here hunting this past season? I have torn both shoulders twice so I have not drawn the bow back for over 2 years. I seem to be all healed up so I plan to put in for Antelope and a draw area for Elk this year and see how things work out!

Tim
92 Sea Chaser 17

GregE

Didn't have a CO tag Tim.  Actually,  I didn't make it out for ELK in WA either.
I would have posted some pictures- but you know that   :biggrin:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

troll4fish

Last pictures of this project....I mounted 2 scotty 1026 swivel mounting plates on the inside walls port and starboard to mount my downriggers to so when I trailer all those long distances I go, they will be secure, suspended and not beating up my new foam flooring! also mounted a Seadek 36" scale on starboard inside wall.
92 Sea Chaser 17

Yachter Yat

Pretty well equipped, Troll.  If I were a fish, I'd be scared. (ha)

Yat

You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)