News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Suspension seat system upgrade

Started by BruceL2_Fish, December 02, 2017, 10:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceL2_Fish

I will post pictures once I have them installed.   They sound be to me in a couple of weeks. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Ssericz

anyone use the seaspension pedestals? after buying the parker and going on their forum thats all anyone over there ever talks about

BruceL2_Fish

Looks like they are popular with Parker.  I looked at those as well. 
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

I plan to have the new Shockwave S5 suspension system on the boat for Neah Bay.   Feel free to stop by if you want to check it out.   Hope it is as good as I think it is.   They have it on sale for Christmas at $100 dollars off.   Still pretty expensive, However if it reduces injury and overall body fatigue on those long run days, it will be well worth it.   
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Speedbump

I believe my boat has the Bostrom air rides in it.  The seats have 6-1/2" vertical travel, 9 inch fore and aft, recline, arm rests, swivel and built in air compressors. I hadn't had a boat with air ride seats in it before this one, and it is sure nice! 
'21 HT Sea Ranger, twin 90 ETEC's

BruceL2_Fish

Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

Well, here are what my new Shockwave S5 Suspension systems look like.  I will be able to mount on my existing companion box and will build a new aluminum box for the helm side.  I think I could just mount like a 1/2" aluminum plate to the pedestal and mount it but want a seat box on that side anyway.

Don't look at the mess on the floor, still working on putting the boat back together after the plumbing and Electronic upgrades this winter.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Tom Mac

Nice, look as well made as the rest of the seat systems I have seen from them.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

J Chaser

Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

BruceL2_Fish

From my first inspection they are really robust.   all of the bores have bushings installed, the aluminum casting look great and the machine work is well done.   the shock system looks to be top notch.    I am excited to experience the difference at Neah Bay this spring.   I am sure the 20 mile runs out of Westport will be much more comfortable as well.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Speedbump

Those look really skookum Bruce!  Good luck with the install...

BruceL2_Fish

Today I mounted one of the Shockwave S5 units to the passenger seat box and attached the Centric SAS seat.   The fit is tight but works.   The seat box might need to move aft about 4 to 6 inches.   My wife likes it where it is so I will leave it for now.   The seat now sits almost 8 inches higher and my wife really likes the better visability.    The Centric seat bolted right up to the S5 with the existing swivel base I had. 
I hope to get the aluminum to the shop for the brake press work this week for the helm side seat box.   For now I will only build one new box for the helm side.   Really like the way the S5 feels once I charged the shock.   

Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

rasslingref

Very Nice Bruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Ttcustomz

Very nice!!! How much does something like that cost?? Looking at options fishery supply has a Bentley one. That I might end up going with because of cost.
1999 Arima Sea Legend twin Honda 75
2017 Custom Weld 20offshore  Suzuki 200 Suzuki FI9.9
2012 Cope Winter Harbor Honda 250
Honda T9.9

BruceL2_Fish

They are not cheap for sure.   The ShockWave S5 are $900 each.   I was looking at almost $750 for the Glyde Ride system and there some higher and lower.   After doing all of my research and seeing how beefy these are build I think we have made a good choice in protecting our backs on those rough water days.  Additionally I think these are a good fit for an Arima.   
I guess we will find out this spring out on the big water.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

GregE

You're going to need a step stool to get into that port seat.....

How high of a foot rest will be needed?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

BruceL2_Fish

Greg, I will be mounting a foot step 7.5" up on the front of the seat box to make up the height the S5 raised the seat.   I have some extra Aluminum diamond plate left from when I built my Drift boat so that should work well for it.   I will do the same with the helm side seat box when I fabricate it.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

I will see how this works out on the port side.   If it ends up being too high I will build another box to lower it.   We have always felt the seats were too low in the boat, the wife really likes the height.   If I had a hard top, I would have to make new boxes for both sides as the hard top is lower then my skip tower.   
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Speedbump

Something that you have probably already thought about Bruce, but if you can build the footrests to be able to fold up and get out of the way, it allows you to run the boat standing if needed and lean into the seat if needed...

BruceL2_Fish

I am looking at that option for the helm seat as well.   I will mock up the foot rest and decide before I commit to a direction.  Good input, thanks
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

I got back out to the shop this morning and fabricated and installed a foot rest on the Port Passenger seat box.   As Greg noted the foot rest is pretty high on the box but it seems to work well.   

Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

BruceL2_Fish

Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

rasslingref

Will the cuddy door still fully open?  Once again very nice work Bruce.
Another thought is the shin busting corners of the foot rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

BruceL2_Fish

Dave, The foot rest is made so that the cuddy door is fully functional.  As we all know, the port side is a bit tight to begin with so that was a design consideration.  I thought about making the corners softer but, went with the small radius created when I TIG welded the unit.   The rest is inset a couple of inches from the edge of the seat box so I believe he risk of inadvertent shin busting will be minimal.  As you noted time will tell if I am correct.
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

ATGEP

Bruce,
The setup looks awesome. One thing that sticks out in the pictures is the hinges for the box top. You may want to consider beefing up the lid attachment as you have raised the height of seat by a large margin.