News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Has anyone ever used this product called a leader mate?

Started by Fishin Machine, November 30, 2017, 04:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishin Machine

I saw this product on a fishing show that looks really cool. It is nice to have four fishing rods ready to go before going out. This looks like a easy way to set them up.

https://youtu.be/zGvW_Cs46t0

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

StreamFixer

$15 for the mini, $30 for the regular --- plus shipping...

They are obviously pretty proud of them...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Tj805

I feel like I could make that with a couple of pool noodles from Walmart . :anyone:
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Threeweight

I don't get it.

For Columbia River style fishing, I just keep my cannon ball leads pre-rigged with dropper lines, and loops on the ends.  Rods are pre-rigged with herring rigs, with a slider above the top bead chain swivel (slider has a snap on it).  Takes 5 seconds to snap the lead on, or snap it off.  Rod stores fine in the rocket launchers with no tangles.  Leads  get stored in a drainage tray till I need them.  If I want to run a really long leader (longer than 6' or so), just run it down from the rod tip, around the reel, then back up to the line eye it makes the most sense to connect it to.  Then snug up the line.

This set up works fine in the ocean as well.  You can skip the dropper line and connect the cannonball lead straight to the snap on the slider.  Slider ensures that if lead gets stuck in the net you don't break off the fish on a bad net job.

For long topshots, just connect mono or floro to braid with an albright knot or uni to uni, and reel the leader up onto the spool.

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

StreamFixer

Geez Steve ---  There you go being practical again...   :nono:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Rokefin

Boy those things really help you catch fish :facepalm:      I do like multiple rigs ready but I think I am with 3 weight on this.  Hope that guy did not spend too much on the fancy shirts....

Fishin Machine

I do the same thing as three weight, but thought this might be easier wlth the shorter rods and long leaders. My thought is it will keep the lines from tangling when carrying them, but I already use rod covers and have a rod runner for that.

https://rod-runner.com/

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger