Author Topic: Crabbin and lunch Saturday with my son  (Read 323 times)

Offline Dhil12

Crabbin and lunch Saturday with my son
« on: November 29, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »
My son and I are going out to drop a few pots and cruize somewhere to have lunch.Dont care if we get anything. Did I say I'm going to be a grandpa? Our first grand child.My wife is having a baby shower for our daughter in law so us boys need to get out of the house. Her name is Piper and will be here in February
Thinking that will be the name of our boat!
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Markshoreline

Re: Crabbin and lunch Saturday with my son
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:11:48 PM »
It's supposed to rain tomorrow but you have the hardtop and wipers so no problem.  I think I'd rather go crabbing than to suffer through a baby shower, too.   :applause:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Hydroman

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »
Congratulations on being a Grandpa, good luck on your crabbing trip.

Jim

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »
I think I'd rather go crabbing than to suffer through a baby shower, too.   :applause:
:yeahthat: Even if it is raining.  :gone_fishing: Congratulations, and good name for the boat
2018, 16 ft Arima Sea Chaser, Honda 60HP

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm as excited to be a grandpa as I was getting the boat. Cant wait to take her fishing/ crabbing and skiing!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 12:07:15 AM »
Woah, you have a few years, ya know? 
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Sparhawk

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:03:13 AM »
Congrats! One of the things I look forward to about grandchildren is taking them out fishing and explaining the meaning/history of the name of Sparhawk (first rendition of the name from the origin of "sparrowhawk")! "Piper" would be a great name and I imagine it would be pretty awesome for her to realize that the boat is named after her when she grows up!
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparrowhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
70 Horsepower Evinrude

Offline jamaica

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »
Is that the same sparrowhawk we now call kestral? Congrats on the grandchild, they are much better than having kids. Our 1st great grandchild is due to arrive in April.
1994 19' Sea Ranger

Online GregE

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 05:17:34 PM »
Hmm,  What if future grandkids want Their own boat??   :shrug9:

Enjoy grandpa hood-  it  can be Great too   :biggrin:

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=14607.0
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:36:11 PM »
Hmm,  What if future grandkids want Their own boat??   :shrug9:

Enjoy grandpa hood-  it  can be Great too   :biggrin:

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=14607.0

Then the name will grow?  :shrug9: Thanks
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »
Congrats! One of the things I look forward to about grandchildren is taking them out fishing and explaining the meaning/history of the name of Sparhawk (first rendition of the name from the origin of "sparrowhawk")! "Piper" would be a great name and I imagine it would be pretty awesome for her to realize that the boat is named after her when she grows up!
Sounds like you have a meaning behind your boat also. The full name on our boat will be Piper 12. for our first grand child and our oldest son who played baseball and his number was 12. Unfortunately we lost him to a car accident, one month after he graduated from high school and was drafted by the Oakland A's
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Hunter

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 05:58:21 PM »
DHIL......  So sorry to hear about the loss of your son...  From reading your posts, I know without doubt that he was very much loved and that he loved you and would be, and is,  happy to know that you are living your life to the fullest just as he would have...   

Hope the crabbing is an awsome day for you and the family!!!   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
DHIL......  So sorry to hear about the loss of your son...  From reading your posts, I know without doubt that he was very much loved and that he loved you and would be, and is,  happy to know that you are living your life to the fullest just as he would have...   

Hope the crabbing is an awsome day for you and the family!!!
Thanks Hunter. Much appreciated. Yes we are a very close family. He is with us everyday! He lived his life to the fullest everyday being friends with everyone and helping anyone who needed help and taught us to do the same.Not to mention one great hitter and third baseman. A great young man.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:28:41 PM by Dhil12 »
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Sparhawk

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »
Is that the same sparrowhawk we now call kestral? Congrats on the grandchild, they are much better than having kids. Our 1st great grandchild is due to arrive in April.
Congrats on the awaiting grandchild! To answer your question, they are close but not quite the same. A Kestrel has a red/bronze breast, back, and tail; a white and black face, a grey cap and wings, and black eyes. A Sparrowhawk has a white barred underside including tail, wings, and breast with some red/bronze markings, a red throat, and is grey on the top of the tail, wings, back, and head along with very piercing yellow eyes.
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparrowhawk:
70 Horsepower Evinrude

Offline Rokefin

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »
Sounds like you have a meaning behind your boat also. The full name on our boat will be Piper 12. for our first grand child and our oldest son who played baseball and his number was 12. Unfortunately we lost him to a car accident, one month after he graduated from high school and was drafted by the Oakland A's

Wow Dhil12, this just brought me back to the earth with both feet on the ground. As hunter said glad you are choosing to live life to the fullest. Love of family and friends is the trophy in life - peace to all for the losses we have endured.

No grandkids for me yet.....they better hurry - time is flying by.
1989 17ft Arima Sea Chaser 2010 115 Yamaha 1995 9.9 Yamaha kicker - Bodega mostly

Offline jamaica

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »
Thanks for the raptor pics, I always like seeing them. Where did you find them, I'd like to see more. That is a male kestral, females  are the color on his back all over.
1994 19' Sea Ranger

Offline Dhil12

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 08:04:14 PM »
No luck today. we dropped pots in Edmonds and went south to the oil docks to fish. Got one shaker, and two crabs, a red rock and a big old Male dungeness missing two legs. We let them go to live another day. we were only out about two hours.Pulled pots in the dark and headed in.Thankd god for GPS to find our pots. Good day on the boat, and got us boys out of the house for the baby shower
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:40:39 PM by Dhil12 »
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Sparhawk

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 08:19:42 PM »
Thanks for the raptor pics, I always like seeing them. Where did you find them, I'd like to see more. That is a male kestral, females  are the color on his back all over.
I just googled "sparrowhawk" and "kestrel" in google images and got thousands of results. I love raptor pictures too, I really love all pictures of animals hunting.

Sparrowhawk:
70 Horsepower Evinrude