News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

ArimaOwners Hosted Photos

Started by Danno, November 29, 2017, 03:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

Quote from: BruceL2_Fish on December 02, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Well, I have added pictures to my gallery.  I guess I never realized all the pictures I have added to posts don't go to my gallery.   So I have added some for projects and upgrades to my gallery as well.

I looked. Nice job on the cutting table. Your Halibut make my Halibut look like bait.  :jester:

Your Photo files are well organized.  :clap: :bowdown:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Tom Mac

So question, I have all ways pre sized my photos before saving in documents on my computer. Then used the attachment option to add the photo to the thread. Will this method continue to be OK? Its no different than adding a photo to a email and should be there for good. I can't remove it after 24 hours, there is no link and its super easy!
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

BruceL2_Fish

Tom, that is the way I have done it for years and my pictures are still there.   What I did not realize is that you have to search the thread to find the pictures.   For some reason I thought that added them to the my gallery and through this thread found out I was wrong.

Croaker, you are funny.
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Danno

Quote from: Tom Mac on December 03, 2017, 07:30:28 AM
So question, I have all ways pre sized my photos before saving in documents on my computer. Then used the attachment option to add the photo to the thread. Will this method continue to be OK? Its no different than adding a photo to a email and should be there for good. I can't remove it after 24 hours, there is no link and its super easy!

I just reviewed the attachments settings. They limit or resize (I'm not sure which) the photos to a maximum of 512 kb which is good for being frugal with disc space.  I thought the attachments feature would only provide a photo as an attachment and not as a view-able photo in the post. Here's a test:

Okay, that works but the photo only goes at the end of the post and I had to resize it first.

I'll leave the attachment as an option but know it's limitations.The Gallery is the better yet slower method.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

croaker stroker

You can add a LARGE file to your gallery.....one at a time. "Add Picture"...no need to resize first...the forum software shrinks it.

To resize for attachments, I use "Image Resize"  on the Apple App Store.  $2.99. It is easy to use and can do a lot more than just resize.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/image-size/id670766542?mt=8

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

How do you organize photos like BruceL2-fish did? I tried adding pics to my personal gallery and they will only show up under Arima modifications, or Arima fishing etc. I posted under the my gallery. The pics are not there now because I deleted them till I figure out how to post under my personal gallery. I'm using an iPad or iPhone  :anyone:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Danno

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 03, 2017, 10:32:57 AM
How do you organize photos like BruceL2-fish did? I tried adding pics to my personal gallery and they will only show up under Arima modifications, or Arima fishing etc. I posted under the my gallery. The pics are not there now because I deleted them till I figure out how to post under my personal gallery. I'm using an iPad or iPhone  :anyone:

After you click on GALLERY,click on MYGALLERY.

Fisherdv

:shrug9: I'll try again

Danno

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 03, 2017, 10:40:34 AM
I did  :shrug9:I'll try again

After you click on MYGALLERY you can start up loading files but if you want to create albums to organize your photos, you need to click on ADD CATEGORY which is at the bottom of the MYGALLERY screen.

The second photo is what my MYGALLERY category albums looks like. Yours will be different depending on what you name yours, how many you add and if you apply a avatar to each category.

Fisherdv

Thanks Danno, I think I got it.

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

I think I got it now, thanks guys

croaker stroker

I took all those screen shots and when I finally posted them, you already got it.  🤪

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

BruceL2_Fish

Danno is correct and I followed the instructions that Russ had previously pointed to in an old post.   I also discovered that if I add the pictures to my Gallery I do not need to resize first, when up loaded it does it for me.   That is cool.   I guess I learned something this weekend.   Seems pretty easy, once I started to organize.
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Fisherdv

:yeahthat:, I learned how to do it now as well. Seems easy enough

Fisherdv

After seeing the pics of the Pacific Halibut that GregE and Bruce posted I decided not to post my California Halibut pics. Makes mine look like sand dabs. Croaker was right.  :facepalm:

Sparhawk

Quote from: Danno on December 01, 2017, 07:30:23 PM
Testing a tapatalk photo

See I just call that bragging... :jester: Nice fish! :applause:
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1991 Mercury 60 2-stroke

GregE

I saw a bulk/ multiple pic upload option yesterday but can't find it.  Loading one pic takes 8 steps, looking for a short cut
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Danno

Quote from: GregE on December 04, 2017, 12:39:34 PM
I saw a bulk/ multiple pic upload option yesterday but can't find it.  Loading one pic takes 8 steps, looking for a short cut

Greg,

Once you've created one or more categories in your MYGALLERY gallery, enter the category and the option to bulk load photos is at the bottom.

GregE

Found it,  white over gray was hiding.  Test

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Danno

Quote from: Danno on November 30, 2017, 08:51:20 AM
Quote from: Marine40 on November 29, 2017, 11:49:05 PM
I remember paying for the software gallery when we started this site. Are we still using what was paid for or do we need to upgrade again?

Darren

Largely through your donation as I remember correctly. That is the software we continue to use. There have been upgrades since that I have not purchased. I am not a complete computer geek so upgrades make me nervous. I try to keep them to the minimum. Plus, some of the upgrades are for forum sites with much different needs than what we have here. Add that to the issue of teaching our old dogs new tricks and I tend to be conservative with changes.

Okay. I did some updates this last weekend. I had to update the forum software to stay ahead of the hackers. So that's taken care of. I also looked into the latest version of the Gallery add-on software and for $25, I upgraded it. I haven't explored all of thte new features yet but tfor those interested, here's a list:

https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-gallery-pro.php

Salmon King

Danno....

I have been watching this thread closely in hopes of learning a way to MOVE all of "My Images" into "My Gallery".

I am unable to find a way to do a single move let alone a block move of several pictures.

Can you help me out here?  I'm just trying to get all of my ARIMA pictures into 1 place....

Thanks!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

croaker stroker

The multiple photo upload works great !!  :party:

Except it turned my photos upside down.  :shrug9:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

You got some beautiful fish pictures in there CS  :applause:, I just had a look

AJFishin

Quote from: Salmon King on December 06, 2017, 11:42:05 AM
Danno....

I have been watching this thread closely in hopes of learning a way to MOVE all of "My Images" into "My Gallery".

I am unable to find a way to do a single move let alone a block move of several pictures.

Can you help me out here?  I'm just trying to get all of my ARIMA pictures into 1 place....

Thanks!

Salmon King not sure if you already found a way, but I might have a way for you to move your pictures from your "My Images" to your "My Gallery".
I saw you only have 1 category in your gallery, so you might need to create a new category so you can move pictures.
Also I didn't see or know of a way to do a bulk picture move, as I don't know if there is one. Also not sure if this is the best way to do what you want to do.

I made a short video and hopefully it will help you out if this what you were thinking of.
I created this on my Android phone, which is like doing it on a PC and probably the same on a Mac.

https://vimeo.com/246211938
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser