News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

2004 Sea Ranger 21 For Sale

Started by John, November 27, 2017, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Well maintained Arima - I am the second owner and I've had it for about 10 years.  The original owner was an engineer and built the electronics housing above the helm.  The boat has been maintained at Kitsap Marine with oil changes and routine maintenance done by Passas Marine on Bainbridge Island.

Boat sits in a slip most of the year - I haul it out on its trailer once for maintenance and usually one more time for a good cleaning.

Here are a few pics and the some details.  Motors and electronics were new in 2004.

EZ-Loader tandem trailer w electric winch and rollers (Kitsap Marine did a $1.5K rebuild - all new brake lines, new tongue, etc about 24 months ago), Lowrance GPS, Furuno radar, 2 NEW AGM batteries w charging system(done about 3 months ago), shore power and panel (done 3 months ago), Suzuki DF140 w Honda (9hp?) kicker w remote control steering, NEW Bluetooth BOSS 4-speaker sound system w 3 USB charging slots in dash, hydraulic trim tabs, plow anchor-chain-line ~ 150 feet, downrigger pads (12v) and rod holders,  crabpot puller base (but no puller, see picture), canvas / eisenglass as shown in picture, required safety equipment, lines fenders, etc.  Holds 60 gal fuel (40+10+10, though I have not used the saddle tanks in 3 years), 10 gal fresh water w pump, saltwater washdown with new (6 months) pump, port-a-potty.  Also has all the standard Arima stuff - bait wells, storage lockers, etc.  Hull is in great shape, the motor has about 600 hours - I'll need to check and update this but that is pretty close.

Even the wife loves this boat... so sorry to sell her.  I now need to use the boat as an office and we want a little more space so we'll move to something like a small Ranger tug.  We have two girls ages 12 and 14 who also spent a lot of time on the boat.  Wife and I take it to the San Juans most every year.  It's a great family boat in addition to being a great fishing boat as it was originally designed to be.

Happy to gather additional info - send me a note.  I looked at 5 or 6 current and relevant Arima comps and spoke with a few owners to land on a $32,500 asking price.

John
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

John

a few more pics... 

- John
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Hydroman

I'm the original owner of this boat, most enjoyable boat that I ever owned. 

The boat has electro/hydraulic (Gutz) kicker steering and the kicker has charging circuit.

The over head instrument console is made of starboard, hte location is very convenient and offers good visibility.

Would consider buying it myself if someone would make me a good offer on my TJ.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

HemiGTX

AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

mustang65fbk

Great looking boat and love all the fishing space, can easily fish 4 larger adults with room to spare.  Looks very similar to my 2003 21' Skip Top with a Honda 130hp 4 stroke.  Good luck with the sale!
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

beancounter

For anyone wanting a 21 Skip Tower hard to beat this one probably. Checks everything on most peoples shopping list. Good luck with the sale.

Diablo

If I had more parking space I would buy that boat. Nice set up.

"Even the wife loves this boat... so sorry to sell her. " Does she know that?
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

GregE

Knowing how organized Jim/ Hydroman is gives good confidence in how well this boat is rigged and set up!!  If you are thinking about this 21 skip, I'm sure he would encourage you. 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Mooch

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

John

Quote from: Diablo on November 29, 2017, 10:08:51 AM
If I had more parking space I would buy that boat. Nice set up.

Good catch, Diablo, I should fix that.

Also - the Suzuki DF140 has 320 hours and not 600!!  Was checking the rpm gauge for total hours for a potential buyer when we discovered that.  Same price, of course  :doh:
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

GregE

I had to read that twice to catch the issue-   'course my mind isn't as warped as some   :wink:

Wishing you well with this pending loss...
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

John

Adding trailer pictures:

The trailer has electric winch with remote. New break lines throughout and new tongue / front section about 2 yeas ago by Kitsap Marine.

John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

John

Yes, she (the boat Diablo, not the wife!) is still for sale.  Would make quite a Christmas or Hanukah present! 

Just received a new Goetz hydraulic pump ($330) replacement for the kicker remote control steering today - will have installed asap.  www.trol-eze.com
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

DevMah

Nice boat and very well kept...
someone will snap it up soon.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

John

I replaced the Troll-Ease kicker steering pump and remote cable (actually Nikos did the work).  Also replaced entire kicker fuel line which was not getting consistent fuel to kicker for starting.  Runs well now. 

The saltwater wash down pump (black) is on the left, trim tab reservoir in rear and new hydraulic pump for kicker steering on right.

She's ready for spring!
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

John

This Arima has found a new home up in Anacortes.  Please, welcome father, son and grandson team Gerry, Jeff and David to the Arima family!

Thank you everyone for their interesting and informative commentary and questions over the years on this site.  It has been community inspiring and an outstanding tool for the Arima boat owner, myself included.

Tight lines,
John
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140

Mooch

John, congrats on the sale.  Gerry, Jeff and David got a nice ride.  Does this mean your Tug's on the way?
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Markshoreline

Hummm, we know someone in Anacortes  :biggrin:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

John

Hey @Mooch - as always seems to be the case - it's complicated.  Interesting but risky job opportunity with a blockchain startup + MILs requiring some home modifications to get around - so the tug may need to wait a year.  Also, I'm already getting two-footitis.  The 27 is nice, but that 29 is also a foot and a half wider! 

New owner lives in Sedro-Woolley but will launch in Anacortes.
John
21' Sea Ranger 2004
Suzuki DF140