News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Not mine 83 ARIMA ON CRAIGSLIST 3500

Started by maitoitu, March 16, 2018, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rclark4179

Pretty bare bones looking. Nonetheless,if I wasn't leaving for Hawaii next week or if it was a few hundred miles closer I would definitely talk a look at cure for the "Itis".
Fish do not fear my name...crab however, do, and should.

81 15' Hunter "SKUA", 40 hp MERC, British Seagull kicker (SOLD)
85 17' Chaser, "SKUA II"' 90 hp MERC,9.9 Yamaha

amazing grace

It does not look to bad. If the hull is in tact without major damage or gelcoat issues. Could be a good project. Trailer looks a bit iffy.  We had that vintage of Mercury on a starcraft. It was a hard starting Mutha.  :whistle: Once running it did fine.   :doh:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Yachter Yat

RC;  Sorry to have to say this, but that won't do anything for your "illness".  That happens to be "your" hull under that cabin. 

Yat
You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Wiley

Looks like an older explorer to me which I think would make it 15'-11" ???
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

rclark4179

Quote from: Yachter Yat on March 17, 2018, 05:46:47 AM
   RC;  Sorry to have to say this, but that won't do anything for your "illness".  That happens to be "your" hull under that cabin. 

Yat
So, more cabin and less deck. No thanks! And thanks,Yat, for the heads up.
Fish do not fear my name...crab however, do, and should.

81 15' Hunter "SKUA", 40 hp MERC, British Seagull kicker (SOLD)
85 17' Chaser, "SKUA II"' 90 hp MERC,9.9 Yamaha

Yachter Yat

RC;  Your welcome.  That boat your seeing in that ad is actually the very first Arima I ever physically set foot on. Basically, it's built on the Sea Hunter hull, and might possibly have been the precursor to Arima's philosophy around the "one-hull-two-boats" theme.  I must admit, it had a pretty nice cabin, but unfortunately, not enough room on deck to change your mind.  I keep thinking stretching the Explorer (as I suggest below) might be the answer for many of us.  That said, I realize such a modification would involve a considerable amount of cash outlay and would, no doubt, necessitate a close look at the potential market in order to insure a reasonable return for such an investment.  Still.....I view this upgrade in Arima's line as a "natural progression" that should be given serious consideration. 

Yat
You'll know your married, when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

This has been brought up on a different thread as well with no definitive answer. What length and beam was the first SE? If under 15'11", what year did it change to 15'11"?
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Yachter Yat

Fisher;  If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Chaser and Explorer 7'-6" by 15'-11" hull came out in 93.  I'm sure Belinda could verify this.

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)