News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Reasonably priced Arima- 1984 Sea Hunter

Started by HemiGTX, November 24, 2017, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemiGTX

I just looked at a Sea Hunter that is sitting in a lemon lot in Hadlock, WA.  This boat could be flipped for a profit but I'd rather see an aspiring Arima owner pick it up. 

1984 Sea Hunter sitting on a 1984 EZ Loader trailer.  Has a 1994 Evinrude 48 SPL and a factory garelick kicker bracket (no kicker).  Hull appears to be clean (normal scratches and scuffs).  Old bottom paint.  The hull has a dark blue factory stripe, which is a very nice and uncommon option.  Current registration.  All wood is present and functional, though not pretty.  Floors appear solid (didn't notice any soft spots).  One of the factory bait tank hatches is missing and the other one is held on with one hinge. 

It has a junk fish finder.  Based on appearance, I assume that everything electrical is non-functional.  Same with the engine, but only one way to know..

Trailer appears functional, but I expect it will need bearings/seals.  I tried to get pics but my phone battery was dead.

Overall, this boat appears to have sat more than it was used.  For instance, the floor is in very good condition. I didn't notice any significant wear like is commonly seen in a well-used boat.

Edit: to those who don't know me, my assessment may paint an overly critical picture.  That is not my intention.  I assess this boat to be the best deal I've ever seen on a Sea Hunter.  If I could rationalize this boat in any way, I would be proudly telling you all about my new purchase. 

Asking price is $2225 or best offer.  Telephone number is 360.731.7980.

AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

rasslingref

Hemi: interested in doing a joint project?  Oh wait it's wrestling season, no time here.
Hope someone looks seriously at this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Nothing as expensive as a cheap boat
:hoboy:
Live to ride and ride to Live

BruceL2_Fish

2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

beancounter

sunnydude2

Did you notice if there was an ad online anywhere for it?  Or the lot name?

I am looking for a Sea Hunter right now.

HemiGTX

There is no ad.  It is/was sitting in the lemon lot in (Port) Hadlock.

I recommend calling the number in the first post to contact the seller.

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

DevMah

To bad these deals weren't North of the border...
Great price for a fixer upper.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Yachter Yat

Excuse me, guys.  I'm just a poor little extraterrestrial who landed here from Mars.  Could you please tell me what the hell a "lemon lot" is?   :shrug9:

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

croaker stroker

It's a lot where lemon trees grow.   :whistle:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Yachter Yat

Thank you, Mr. Croaker........I'll report back to the rest of the Eastern Universe.  Although, for some reason, I doubt they'll trust your definition.  :jester:

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Lemon trees,  and lots of cars or boats with a lot of problems  :shrug9:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Yachter Yat

Aaah......okay, thanks, Fisher.  I get it.  Guess you guys have your own "nomenclature" out there.  We have those on this side of the world as well.  We call 'em "junk yards".  There's usually a sign out front saying:  "No Credit, No Problem".  :jester:

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

HemiGTX

Every military base has a spot (sometimes officially designated, sometimes not) where people park to selll cars, boats, etc.  We always called them 'lemon lots.'  There are often some screaming deals to be had in the lemon lots.

Around my neck of the woods, most towns have such places as well.

The Sea Hunter was a great deal.