Author Topic: crabbing area 9 tomorrow  (Read 267 times)

Online Dhil12

crabbing area 9 tomorrow
« on: November 20, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
Anyone have a hot spot for crab in area 9? Thinking of browns bay or running across to Columbia beach. I dont want to go to far north because we are going to drop the pots and go back to area 10 to try for chinook, either boeing creek or Jefferson head. Any thoughts? Thanks
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline tsuribaka

Re: crabbing area 9 tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
North of Edmonds just past the ferry dock (but south of Browns Bay) there is a broad shelf that was our go-to spot for summer crab. We only tried there in winter a couple of times and didn't do as well as summer but in our limited experience that applies to most areas.

Online Dhil12

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:33:43 AM »
North of Edmonds just past the ferry dock (but south of Browns Bay) there is a broad shelf that was our go-to spot for summer crab. We only tried there in winter a couple of times and didn't do as well as summer but in our limited experience that applies to most areas.

Thanks. I chickened out this morning with the updated forecast of 2 foot wind waves. I didnt want to beat the boat up. Now I see the 9:00 am update of 1 foot or less..... :shrug9:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Peddler

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »
I chickened out this morning with the updated forecast of 2 foot wind waves. I didnt want to beat the boat up. Now I see the 9:00 am update of 1 foot or less..... :shrug9:

"You don't know, until you GO!"  That said, I pulled the plug on a planned trip last Saturday, based on the forecast.  My buddy went, and reported conditions that didn't meet the forecast.  I wasn't willing to gamble the 4AM departure and 3-hour drive.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Online Dhil12

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:19 PM »
I chickened out this morning with the updated forecast of 2 foot wind waves. I didnt want to beat the boat up. Now I see the 9:00 am update of 1 foot or less..... :shrug9:

"You don't know, until you GO!"  That said, I pulled the plug on a planned trip last Saturday, based on the forecast.  My buddy went, and reported conditions that didn't meet the forecast.  I wasn't willing to gamble the 4AM departure and 3-hour drive.

I know. I dont have a very good excuse being minutes away. I should have tried. The forecast sounded like it would be building and I pictured myself pulling pots in the afternoon in 2 foot waves and wind with the pots banging into the side of the boat.  :shrug9:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Vancouvertechie

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:33:23 PM »
Always had good success around the oil docks.

VT
Boats owned:

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)

Offline Ttcustomz

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
Browns Bay was not good last Friday but up by Everett marina was. Just past the mukilteo ferry. We did some blackmouth Fishing at Kingston did get one that was 22inches but decided not to keep it. My buddy was very mad I didn’t keep it. Lol!!! Fishing is not about eating if we ate all the 22 inchers we will not have many bigger fish for the future.
1999 Arima Sea Legend twin Honda 75
2017 Custom Weld 20offshore 2017Suzuki 200 2017Suzuki FI9.9

Online Dhil12

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
Browns Bay was not good last Friday but up by Everett marina was. Just past the mukilteo ferry. We did some blackmouth Fishing at Kingston did get one that was 22inches but decided not to keep it. My buddy was very mad I didn’t keep it. Lol!!! Fishing is not about eating if we ate all the 22 inchers we will not have many bigger fish for the future.

:clap: :clap: :applause:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline tsuribaka

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 04:41:18 PM »

I know. I dont have a very good excuse being minutes away. I should have tried. The forecast sounded like it would be building and I pictured myself pulling pots in the afternoon in 2 foot waves and wind with the pots banging into the side of the boat.  :shrug9:

Last night we decided against dropping our pots in MA8-1 today based on the forecast of a front moving through. Woke up this morning to oil slick flat seas and was kicking myself. I felt better about the decision looking at the whitecaps around 3 PM when we probably would have been out to pick up the pots.

Offline sfever

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 12:08:53 PM »
Dropped 2 pots N of that shelf and 2 more by the big building in Brown's Bay yesterday and pulled them today with 2 females, 3 red rock and one really nice sized male but it was too soft shelled to keep. Had been averaging 5 or so keepers for 4 pots so it hasn't been really hot but you usually get some so not sure why it was so slow today. Depths from 35 to 120 but really haven't gotten many in over 80' in winter so far but I keep trying ).

Online Dhil12

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »
Dropped 2 pots N of that shelf and 2 more by the big building in Brown's Bay yesterday and pulled them today with 2 females, 3 red rock and one really nice sized male but it was too soft shelled to keep. Had been averaging 5 or so keepers for 4 pots so it hasn't been really hot but you usually get some so not sure why it was so slow today. Depths from 35 to 120 but really haven't gotten many in over 80' in winter so far but I keep trying ).

Thanks! So busy today getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow wasnt able to get out. Hopefully get out Saturday, weather permitting.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Online Mooch

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
Orcas (K pod?) we're out today; mid channel just north of the line.  Who knows by Sat tho.  Good luck with your set.  Hope the wind dies early for you.