News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Boat is in for service

Started by Dhil12, November 16, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhil12

I just realized how much I miss and love my boat when it has been in for service the past week. Not that I would have gone out this last week in bad weather but I go down everyday and sit on it and mess around. I have gone down twice and stared at an empty slip....
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Tom Mac

I hear you! I had a slip all last summer and never realised how enjoyable it was to just hang out at the marina. Some times I would clean the boat, tie up gear, drink a beer or meet and talk with other boat guys. Every one was in a good mood and having fun, even guys that where having no fish days. My boat may be in the water next year a few extra months.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Fisherdv

You must have been having some fun putting some hours on the boat :fishing: Seems like you just got it a month or so ago.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Diablo

Quote from: Dhil12 on November 16, 2017, 05:02:19 PM
I just realized how much I miss and love my boat when it has been in for service the past week. Not that I would have gone out this last week in bad weather but I go down everyday and sit on it and mess around. I have gone down twice and stared at an empty slip....

The sickness is really starting to take hold. Best thing to do is run hull through salt water. It may be too late for you.  :nono:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

Markshoreline

On C dock I was amazed at how strongly the wind blew through the marina! 
If you're really lonely you could go down there and sit on someone else's boat.  Not many folks there in this weather.    :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Dhil12

We're on D dock, a bit milder than C dock for weather but not by much. but I miss it already!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

Quote from: Tom Mac on November 16, 2017, 05:31:19 PM
I hear you! I had a slip all last summer and never realised how enjoyable it was to just hang out at the marina. Some times I would clean the boat, tie up gear, drink a beer or meet and talk with other boat guys. Every one was in a good mood and having fun, even guys that where having no fish days. My boat may be in the water next year a few extra months.
Exactly Tom Mac!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

Quote from: Diablo on November 16, 2017, 06:00:29 PM
Quote from: Dhil12 on November 16, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

The sickness is really starting to take hold. Best thing to do is run hull through salt water. It may be too late for you.  :nono:

Too late Diabalo. The sickness has set it. Our boat will be in the water all year and go out weather permitting
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

Quote from: Markshoreline on November 16, 2017, 06:42:35 PM
On C dock I was amazed at how strongly the wind blew through the marina! 
If you're really lonely you could go down there and sit on someone else's boat.  Not many folks there in this weather.    :jester:

Mark where were you? I'm in D26, southern exposure. Have a friend on about C 30, southerly exposure also and Brian is in close to shore uncovered
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Markshoreline

I was in C25 for 5 or so years.  Lived in Shoreline near Richmond Beach and could make it to the boat in 12 minutes! I would be online and check the fishing reports and tides and run down to the water for the bite!
It is really cool that as a tenant you get a wireless code.  We also used to BBQ on the Magma grill and once in a while sleep in the cuddy.  The marina has a certain number of slots for liveaboards and I was offered one but declined- we only slept there a few times and didn't have to pay the $80 additional charge per month.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Dhil12

Quote from: Markshoreline on November 16, 2017, 07:39:48 PM
I was in C25 for 5 or so years.  Lived in Shoreline near Richmond Beach and could make it to the boat in 12 minutes! I would be online and check the fishing reports and tides and run down to the water for the bite!
It is really cool that as a tenant you get a wireless code.  We also used to BBQ on the Magma grill and once in a while sleep in the cuddy.  The marina has a certain number of slots for liveaboards and I was offered one but declined- we only slept there a few times and didn't have to pay the $80 additional charge per month.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
I love it. Sounds like where we are was right across from your old slip. Dont tell anyone but we may sleep onboard a time or two.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

I've timed it. If ferry traffic or a train doesnt get in the way, I'm 7 minutes to the marina. Just up above westgate, about a mile southtwest of the hospital and high school, if you know where that is. Sounds like we were close.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

mustang65fbk

What's she getting serviced? Routine I'm guessing?
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Dhil12

Quote from: mustang65fbk on November 16, 2017, 09:52:17 PM
What's she getting serviced? Routine I'm guessing?
20 hour initial service on both the main and kicker, and also adding a stainless steel ball valve on the raw water wash down
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Markshoreline

That's a great arrangement, I know you'll enjoy it as much as I have!  I met some folks from Bellevue who moored there but only saw them once in a blue moon and that was when traffic wasn't so bad...

Tom Mac

Quote from: Dhil12 on November 16, 2017, 08:13:21 PM
I've timed it. If ferry traffic or a train doesnt get in the way, I'm 7 minutes to the marina. Just up above westgate, about a mile southtwest of the hospital and high school, if you know where that is. Sounds like we were close.

"Jealous" 45 min at 4am from the house when heading out fishing. 20 min from work. I guess I could beat the 7 min if I moored local in Cowichan Bay where I live but the fishing is not as good as the south western end of the Island.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

StreamFixer

Bah!!!  Humbug!!!     :berry:   Nearest Salt is 2.5 hours + Launch time, away... :nono:    20 minutes to the river though..  Unfortunately, now the sealions have taken over that area to the point that when you catch, you are merely making it easier for the 'lions to get their meal...

Takes about an hour to get on the Columbia, when there are fish there...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Rokefin

I have a little over 2 hour commute for my fishing, the boat is stored at Lawson's on the trailer. Still has a great community feel with all the other boaters that store their boats there for the fishing season.
I can see how mooring a boat in a marina would be a real convenience, I could easily see how one could go to the marina and hang out :beerchug:

Markshoreline

And the Edmonds marina provides an electrical connection for battery charging and running a dehumidifier, plus running water at each slip.

Dhil12

Yes. I have a dehumidifier and battery tenders plugged in. I went back in the water yesterday afternoon, so now I'm happy! :clap:
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Fisherdv

Markshoreline

Dhil12

Went down to the boat today, what fun! going back down tomorrow and getting the boat set up and ready for some crabbing next week and also trying for the elusive winter chinook. Don't care if I catch anything. Just love being out.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Fisherdv

Quote from: Dhil12 on November 18, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
Went down to the boat today, what fun! going back down tomorrow and getting the boat set up and ready for some crabbing next week and also trying for the elusive winter chinook. Don't care if I catch anything. Just love being out.
Did you read Marks post about the crab in the Fishing report section?

Dhil12

no i didn't need to look it up
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker