News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Ten Thousand Posts ?!?!?

Started by GregE, November 15, 2017, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Speaking of Arima Life,  Croaker Stoker is poised to roll over the fifth digit on his post counter.

If he doesn't have anything better to do at least he shares his knowledge with the rest of us   :biggrin:

Looks like CS has backed off so he doesn't fall off the edge of the earth..........  but Somebody else passed that milestone quite a while ago.........   :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

croaker stroker

Must be something about the name "Mark".  ?  We are chatty.   :biggrin:

Ok...here is my 10,000th post...

You know, when I joined the ArimaOwners website, the Doctors told me there was a better than 80% chance that I would not survive 5 years. I was moping around and decided to go fishing. Being on the water made me feel better. Even though the sunshine was blamed for my type of cancer, it felt really good to soak it in after being cooped up recovering from the lymph surgery and radiation. Fishing, working on my boat, and sharing the things I know about boating and fishing took my mind off of the eventuality of my prognosis and I began to feel much better.

I didn't expect to live this long. I am still learning and sharing and poking fun with all of my Arima friends. If I am blessed with another 10,000 posts you guys are just going to have to suck it up and listen to what I have to say.!   :jester:

I know the guys up North don't need this advise right now. :whistle:..... but to the Californians....some sunshine is good for you, but don't get sunburned !!!! And especially...protect your kids.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on November 15, 2017, 10:51:36 AM
Must be something about the name "Mark".  ?  We are chatty.   :biggrin:

Ok...here is my 10,000th post...

You know, when I joined the ArimaOwners website, the Doctors told me there was a better than 80% chance that I would not survive 5 years. I was moping around and decided to go fishing. Being on the water made me feel better. Even though the sunshine was blamed for my type of cancer, it felt really good to soak it in after being cooped up recovering from the lymph surgery and radiation. Fishing, working on my boat, and sharing the things I know about boating and fishing took my mind off of the eventuality of my prognosis and I began to feel much better.

I didn't expect to live this long. I am still learning and sharing and poking fun with all of my Arima friends. If I am blessed with another 10,000 posts you guys are just going to have to suck it up and listen to what I have to say.!   :jester:

I know the guys up North don't need this advise right now. :whistle:..... but to the Californians....some sunshine is good for you, but don't get sunburned !!!! And especially...protect your kids.

WAY TO GO Mr. 10K !!  :applause:

I know the struggles you went through with your cancer as I watched both my sister (3 years ago) and my dad (1 year ago) go through those surgeries and treatments. Both, like you, have been in remission and doing a lot better than before.  Being happy is the best medicine out there !  :gone_fishing: :dance:

I believe in the PWN they still need to cover up because they do have A LOT of sunshine, just in the form of liquid sunshine  :rimshot:

Thank you for shearing some of your experiences with me and one day I will tell you about my secret spot to fish  :jester: :wink:
Keep it up and many more thousands of post to come ! :biggrin:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Rokefin

Way to go Croaker!!!    As with your family,  we are also blessed to have you -  in the Arima family :dance:

La-Z-Buoy

If I am blessed with another 10,000 posts you guys are just going to have to suck it up and listen to what I have to say.!   :jester:

Bring it CS, we can take it!  :bowdown:

Quote from: rasslingref on November 15, 2017, 12:20:11 PM
10,000 post of which 3 were helpful. Haha. 

Ouch, that's harsh.  :clap:
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

rasslingref

Sorry maybe a bad sense of humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

StreamFixer

I, for one of many, am sure glad that Mark has been able to hang around and contribute.  I consider him to be a good friend...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Yachter Yat

Croaker..........Wow!  10,000 posts?   Congratulations are definitely in order.  What would this site be without guys like you?  You're the best.  Always look forward to reading your posts........some of which made me laugh so hard, I actually had tears in my eyes. But that's another story.   Just want to say:  Keep fighting the good fight, maintaining a good attitude, and (above all)  enjoy every minute this life has to offer.

All the best........Your friend in New England,  Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Markshoreline

Croaker i'd Guess that your recovery is due to good beer!!!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Wiley

86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Dhil12

Croaker, sending prayers. keep fighting and living. Live each day to the fullest! No regrets!
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

croaker stroker

Quote from: Markshoreline on November 15, 2017, 03:37:39 PM
Croaker i'd Guess that your recovery is due to good beer!!!

YES !  Not that yellow fizzy stuff Wedocq drinks !!   :jester:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

CS, glad to here your doing well. I'm sure many people here have benifited from your knowledge and humor myself included. 10,000 posts and more to come! Glad you enjoy fishing and boating as much as you do. Keep doing what you love! :gone_fishing: Now that's the Arima life! :wink:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

HEL EN BACK

Way to go CCS!!!  But be warned - only 9856  more posts and I will tie your record.
Joe

beancounter

CS here's to your good health. Always good to read your posts and sometimes they are of use  :biggrin:

croaker stroker

:bowdown:
Quote from: beancounter on November 16, 2017, 05:45:04 AM
CS here's to your good health. Always good to read your posts and sometimes they are of use  :biggrin:

Quote from: La-Z-Buoy on November 15, 2017, 01:18:41 PM

If I am blessed with another 10,000 posts you guys are just going to have to suck it up and listen to what I have to say.!   :jester:

Bring it CS, we can take it!  :bowdown:

Quote from: rasslingref on November 15, 2017, 12:20:11 PM
10,000 post of which 3 were helpful. Haha. 

Ouch, that's harsh.  :clap:

You throw enough B/S on the wall and some will stick.   :beerchug:   :jester:

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

GoodDays

Im Glad you are here Mr Stroker !!!  Where else would I have learned about such important things as Hand Panties !

GoodDays Greg

croaker stroker

Quote from: StreamFixer on November 15, 2017, 02:57:36 PM
I, for one of many, am sure glad that Mark has been able to hang around and contribute.  I consider him to be a good friend...

StreamFixer

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

I always thought a TRUE FRIEND would not let you do something stupid ---  ALONE!!!  But 'slightly cracked' works   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fishin Machine

10,000 is awesome I was just happy to make it 500. Congratulations!
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Hunter

So....... if I do the math....... and each of these posts was worth even a nickel.....that's still $500 worth of awesome information and entertainment.... and all at a net zero cost to me!   Now that's a scream'n deal.  Thanks CS....   :rimshot:
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Arimadrifter

Congrats Croaker and thanks for all the advise you've provided me and all the others on this board.
You Da Man!

Greg
17' Arima SC with 2017 90hp Yamaha

croaker stroker

Thanks guys.  :redface:  just trying to pay it forward.

Danno, Streamfixer, Markshoreline, and the other moderators make this site free and without commercial ad content...and safe for wives and kids to view. Great job they are doing  :clap: :beerchug:

All they ask is an occasional purchase of a hat, decal, keychain, beer, or lottery ticket (unused) to help offset costs.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Kimbrey

Way to go Croaker.  Keep on having a good time and keep fighting.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Tunacious

Way to go Croaker Stroker.  Keep up the good fight.