News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Wanted - Arima SeaHunter 15

Started by DennyIslander, November 10, 2017, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennyIslander

Looking to purchase a newer SeaHunter 15, but will also consider older in good condition.
Ideally with 60 HP 4 stroke, kicker is optional. A larger Arima is not really a fit as weight is an issue (boat will launch from existing rail system with winch).
Brand new to the Arima forum and looking for help becoming an owner!

Where are you located? Price point?
Bob...aka...Top
:flag: :flag: :flag:
Live to ride and ride to Live

DennyIslander

I am just south of Vancouver BC, about a 2 hr drive N from Seattle.

milos dad

I am considering selling my 1987 Sea Hunter with a Honda 45 hp in the spring.  I am leaving the country for the winter in a couple of weeks, and storing the boat in my garage.  As far as I can tell, my boat has been used extensively in fresh water. 

You can see photos in my gallery  http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=7575   Price $7000 US

M D
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

DennyIslander

Your boat looks well kept. Where are you located?

croaker stroker

If you click on his name, you can see his approx. location.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

milos dad

Williams Lake, about 520 km north-east of Vancouver.  I have only used it in lakes around here the few years I owned it.  I use ethanol free premium gas.

I bought it from Sigler's Marine near Portland, while on a road trip.  They had just received the boat on trade on an aluminum boat, and had yet to advertise the Arima.  Sigler's did compression test on Honda, and it was reported by the owner that he replaced the lower unit and tilt/trim assembly a year or so before he traded, however, no paperwork to substantiate this.  I brought it home, stopped in Chilliwack to replace the tires. I have it registered now in BC, got my VHF and MMSI number and my Garmin 55DV with the chip for ocean (part inside passage/part Vancouver island etc.).  Last year, I purchased a second battery and installed the Blue Seas Add-a-Battery kit.  I also bought an electric downrigger for fishing kokanee in the area lakes.

My plan was to relocate back to Vancouver Island, but major real estate prices there have caused me to postpone for now. 
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

steeler

I also have a SH.  It is an 03 with a 50 and 6 hp Suzuki 4 stroke.
Very well equipped.
You can email me for more details.
The best time to go fishing is when its raining and when it ain't

Yachter Yat

Denny;  How about a new one?  I suppose a call to Arima wouldn't cost anything, right?   If you find out.....please let us know. 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 12, 2017, 06:23:22 AM
   Denny;  How about a new one? 

Yat
Do they still offer a new Sea Hunter?  :shrug9:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Chief of the Boat

Defiance has never built a Sea Hunter, Sea Sprinter or Sea Explorer 16.  IMO I don't see it happening.

Markshoreline

When you think about it, the labor cost would probably be similar between a 15-16 and a larger fiberglass boat.  That would be hard to justify when larger boats are in demand.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Guess I must be the victim of my own misgivings.  Here I thought Defiance was to build the big boats and Arima build the small ones.  Stupid me!  :doh:

Yat  :hoboy:
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

mustang65fbk

You can buy a brand new Arima 16' Sea Chaser with a 60hp Honda on it for $24.5k.... might be something to think about.

http://www.defiancemarine.com/New-Inventory-2018-Arima-Fishing-16-Sea-Chaser-Bremerton-Washington-1808845
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

mustang65fbk

Also, what is your budget and any reason in particular why a 15' Sea hunter? Only reason why I ask is because a relative of mine has one and they're, IMO, tiny. About the maximum amount of people you can fish comfortably on one is 2 adult and maybe a younger kid. If the adults are larger, which fishermen seem to have that attribute quite often, I'd drop that number down to just two adults. I've been in their boat before and they call it a 15' but in actuality it's really 14'7". That to me is fine if you're in a protected area where you're not expecting rough seas but on the open ocean it would have to be flat and smooth sailing for me to want to go out on that boat. I have a 21' Sea ranger skip top and it dwarfs their boat in every way. Unless you only plan on fishing with you and one other person in relatively calm waters I'd maybe recommend upgrading to a 16-17' chaser or exporter. As most have said on here, you don't want to buy a boat and get 2 foot-itis and wish you'd bought something bigger. Take one for a spin if you haven't yet or at least jump in one and see if it's big enough for you. If you're dead set on a 15' hunter there are several in the area for sale. Here is one, there's also one in Sacramento. But I'd look at the second link, it's a 17' chaser that's a bit older but with a newer motor.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/bod/d/arima-15-sea-hunter/6367024177.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bod/d/arima-17-sea-chaser-90-hp-etec/6359250286.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bod/d/arima-16-sea-explorer/6368336597.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/d/arima-sea-explorer-16ft/6372982291.html

Marine40

The reason I bought a 15 Hunter was the quick access to water with one person, easy to move in and out. I also have a 21 skip so I do understand why a 15' is desired. Hopefully this spring I will have both boats in the water.
Have -15' Hunter, Had - 2 each 17' Rangers, Had - 1 each 17 Skip Chaser, Had - 1 each 19' Skip Chaser, Have - 21' Skip Ranger.

Yachter Yat

Not everybody wants (or has a need for) a big boat.  If it had been 5" longer, I'd have gone for the Sea Hunter instead of the 16 myself.  Believe me, if it's rough in a 15.......it's just as rough in a 16.  BTW, I think you'll find the Hunter actually has more platform room than those Explorers.  Ask yourself what you're planning on doing, then look closely. 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 14, 2017, 01:41:56 PM
     Not everybody wants (or has a need for) a big boat.  If it had been 5" longer, I'd have gone for the Sea Hunter instead of the 16 myself.  Believe me, if it's rough in a 15.......it's just as rough in a 16.  BTW, I think you'll find the Hunter actually has more platform room than those Explorers.  Ask yourself what you're planning on doing, then look closely. 

Yat

Understandable. We all don't drive Fords. I guess from my perspective I don't consider a 21 as a big boat. But then the last boat I went fishing on frequently was my uncles 27' Bayliner. A 21' Arima in comparison seems tiny. Especially when towing, launching and operating it by yourself.

DennyIslander

Mustang65fbk I agree, a 15' boat is not something i'd want to be in if it gets rough no matter how seaworthy. I already have a older 25' Grady White which works great for offshore fishing. The boat I am looking for now needs to be light enough to be supported on the rail/winch system we have at our cottage. Under 1000 lbs dry weight before engine, etc. Main use will be as a runabout in more sheltered waters, plus 2 person max fishing close to home. Also needs to have proper canvas as our place is in the Great Bear Rain Forest. When they say RAIN they mean it.