News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Fahrfrumwerken is Getting a New Home

Started by Salmon King, October 29, 2017, 12:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmon King

Just letting everyone know that FahrFrumWerken is getting a new home in Neah Bay.
As soon as the check clears the buyer will be picking her up and taking her home.
Actually they have plans to pick her up on Veterans Day.

So....
The search for her replacement ...it will not be an ARIMA only because I want an Aluminum hull...and...
It will be smaller to better fit my fishing style in my old age.

I also wanted to say farewell you fun group of Arimaholics....
This has been one of the best forums I've ever encountered.
You all have made my time here very interesting, informative, and above all FUN!!

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Markshoreline

Congratulations on the sale, Terry.  Someone got a special boat that has been well loved.  You know you don't have to go anywhere as far as this forum is concerned, we have several ex owners who remain contributors here.  See you around the island.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Salmon:

I guess you haven't heard:    Leaving the Arima Group is not possible.  That's right!  It's sort of like the Hotel California........."you can check out anytime you want.......but can never leave".  :jester:   Seriously though, we would definitely miss you around here.  Regardless of what you buy for a boat, I hope you continue to chime-in now and then. 

BTW, why a tin boat?  Why not a nice little Arima Sea Hunter?   Small, easy to handle, yet plenty seaworthy enough to afford an occasional offshore run with the big boys.  Just curios.   

All the best,  Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

StreamFixer

Hang in here Terry...  Your contributions are always welcome.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Mr.Petersen

SK i should see your boat in a few days. A co-worker of mine, Jon, just picked it up from you. I hope she treats his family well, it looks like a nice boat.

BruceL2_Fish

SK, as others have said, you don't need to leave this forum.   Your contributions are always appreciated.
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Salmon King

Quote from: The Kraken on October 29, 2017, 02:37:28 PM
SK i should see your boat in a few days. A co-worker of mine, Jon, just picked it up from you. I hope she treats his family well, it looks like a nice boat.

Kraken...
You must have told him what to look for because he went over this very carefully for quite some time and wisely asked what seemed like at least a hundred questions.
Strangely he didn't feel it necessary to put it in the water.
Jon mentioned he had a friend with a Chaser and he was very impressed with the performance and stability.
But he never mentioned who it was.
He'll be back to pick it up on Veterans Day weekend.
I told him I'd leave it in the garage until then but...man I'd really like get out for some Crab...and our Winter Blackmouth season starts on Thursday.  Not going out next weekend is going to be painful.
I truly hope the boat will serve his family well.
I put a ton of love into it while she was mine.

Yat...

I want an aluminum boat so I can launch at some of the ramps we have around here without pavement and docks.  A gunnel I can lift my old bones over from ground level is mandatory.
A glass boat bottom would get ruined fast  keel guard or no.

I get 1 more boat in my life and I want one I can use in a variety of places.
Aluminum fits the bill best and while I like a center console realistically I would be best served with a runabout style or a bow rider type.  Looking for something in the 16-18' range.
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

amazing grace

congrats Terry. wish you all the best. you will always have a soft spot in your heart for Arima. and for good reason. make sure you get some ear plugs and a good coat, insulated boots,  stocking hat and gloves for that aluminum boat you plan to get :arms:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Diablo

Congratulations on the sale!  :party:

I couldn't understand why someone wouldn't jump on that boat. Then I also couldn't understand why you would want to sell because you were always planning trips.

I agree, you should stay on the form.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

Salmon King

Quote from: Diablo on October 30, 2017, 10:07:26 AM
Congratulations on the sale!  :party:

I couldn't understand why someone wouldn't jump on that boat. Then I also couldn't understand why you would want to sell because you were always planning trips.

I agree, you should stay on the form.

Fishing has changed (for me) so much in the last decade that I no longer feel any thrill or get any relaxation out of it.  It's actually become stressful for me...pressured to catch a limit so I can have somthing left after giving most of my catch away.
Bug the biggest reason is...I'm always fishing alone and...
My age and health has me spending my fishing time closer to home and I don't venture out like I used to.
A smaller easily launched lake boat is a much better fit for me now.

I'll hang around the forum for a bit though...see what develops.
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

beancounter

Congrats on your sale. I understand about the fishing alone thing. My list of guys has really dwindled over the years. Deaths,illness bad finances making work all the time necessary etc. I sometimes wonder why I have a boat. I am getting ready to build a small skiff for freshwater close to home fishing.

CanvasGuy

Quote from: BruceL2_Fish on October 29, 2017, 03:27:26 PM
SK, as others have said, you don't need to leave this forum.   Your contributions are always appreciated.
:yeahthat: we can still :party: here..
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Dhil12

Salmon King, being new here I feel like I may be speaking out of place. I have learned so much from everyone here and totally enjoy the forum. Your wealth of knowledge is priceless for us new guys. Stick around and hang out. It's a great forum! :applause:

Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Markshoreline

I absolutely LOVE my alone time in the boat!  Also love it in the summer when all the kids crowd in and go crabbing and drink beer.  Favorite, however is when the wife wants to run around Whidbey for the day or go to Pt. Townsend, LaConner, Coupville, Edmonds, Shilshole or downtown for lunch with a glass of wine and then take a nap in the cuddy before heading home!!!   :cha:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Sparhawk

Smokercract makes some nice 10 footers. :shrug9: In all reality, Hewescraft makes some great boats, so does alumaweld. North River also makes and excellent sled.
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1991 Mercury 60 2-stroke

Threeweight

Look for an older Hewescraft Sportsman in the 16' or 18' flavor, or the clone from any other Pac NW boat builder.

The only problem is good welded aluminum boats hold value like Arimas around here.  Riveted hulls are cheaper, but for a reason.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Fisherdv

Klamath makes a decent all welded aluminum boat also at a reasonable price
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Salmon King

TW & Fisherdv...you guys got it right.
I am looking for an older hull in excellent condition with a newer 4-stroke.

On the other hand I'm also giving serious consideration to a tracker set up from bass pro shop.
Finding one of those used can be equally difficult though...

BTW..the new owner is supposed to hook up to FahrFrumWerken on Sat.
Wife asked me what I'm going to do for fishing...I told her I'm going to buy another boat...
That didn't go over well....should have seen the look on her face!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Salmon King

Well...it was a somewhat somber day for me today as I watched the new owner drive away with FahrFrumWerken hooked on the back.
But I'm sure she's going to a good home and will get extensive use!!

2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Peddler

I've never felt great about selling one of my boats, I know how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

BruceL2_Fish

SK, I also know that feeling, not pleasant when it is a boat you have put a lot of time into and have memories on.   Look forward to hearing what you get next.   One idea that I don't think has been mentioned for aluminum boats is Gregor those are all welded.   the Eagle series or the MX might be good choices for you.   Just a thought.

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Yachter Yat

Salmon, I know how you feel about seeing your boat go down the road.  This old adage about the two "happiest days" in a boater's life is garbage.  I've never really been "happy" watching a boat I owned being hauled-away.  I can't imagine what it would be like seeing my beloved Arima go down the road.  IMO, whoever feels that way should never have owned a boat to begin with.  Just want to wish you good luck in your search.  I know whatever you end up with will be something to see.......made special by your passion for the sport of fishing.   Still think you should go for the Sea Hunter........not for your sake..........but for mine.  It's my favorite Arima, and I'd love to see what you do with it.  :biggrin:

Have fun, Yat 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Salmon King

Yat...IF (and that is a HUGE IF) I ever bought another ARIMA it would use be a 17' center console model.
I absolutely love that hull.
BUT...I my Intended use is on lakes (some of them smaller in size) fishing primarily for Kokanee and Rainbows.  Almost none of these lakes have concrete ramps or a dock...they are gravel.
Knowing how grave, would eat the heck out of a glass boat I'm sure you can appreciate why I need an aluminum one.

In a glass boat I would have to coat the bottom with some type of coating that would not chip, peel, or grind away.  I know of nothing that would perform like that which would not alter the handling of the boat in some way.

My lack of limberness in my old age is also forcing me into a lower sided boat too. :shrug9:

Thanks for the kind words...
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)