News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Razor Clam dates

Started by GregE, October 28, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Anybody going? 

October 27, 2017

WDFW approves razor clam dig at Long Beach, Twin Harbors;
awaits further toxin tests on 2 beaches

OLYMPIA – A razor clam dig in early November will go ahead as planned at Long Beach and Twin Harbors, but the status of two other ocean beaches tentatively scheduled to open depends on results from additional toxin testing.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) has approved the Nov. 3-5 dig on evening tides at Long Beach and Twin Harbors after marine toxin tests showed that clams on those beaches are safe to eat. No digging will be allowed before noon.

Dan Ayres, WDFW coastal shellfish manager, said that test results at Mocrocks and Copalis meet state health standards, but the Washington Department of Health has asked for one more test to be sure. WDFW expects to announce the results of the testing early next week.

Tentative dig dates for Mocrocks and Copalis can be found on WDFW's website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/shellfish/razorclams/current.html

Ayres reminds people that they have a daily harvest limit of 15 razor clams and must keep the first 15 clams they dig. Each digger's clams must be kept in a separate container.

The upcoming dig is approved on the following beaches, dates and evening low tides:

Nov. 3, Friday, 6:47 p.m.; -0.7 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors
Nov. 4, Saturday, 7:31 p.m.; -1.2 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors
Nov. 5, Sunday, 7:16 p.m.; -1.4 feet; Long Beach, Twin Harbors
All diggers age 15 or older must have an applicable 2017-18 fishing license to harvest razor clams on any beach. Licenses, ranging from a three-day razor clam license to an annual combination fishing license, are available on WDFW's website at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov and from license vendors around the state.

WDFW has tentatively scheduled another dig for Dec. 1-4, pending results of future toxin tests.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Hydroman

Yep, We will be at Long Beach, camping at Cape Disappointment 11/2-11/6.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

dw

The Clam Huntress and I will be at Grayland. We went to Ocean Shores for the October opener. It was an adventure. Clamming was horrible. Wind and heavy rain on top of the darkness made it very tough. In addition to that, we got separated from our year old pup the first night. He jumped out of the camper as we were shedding wet clothes. With the wind, surf, and rain, hearing distance was about 10 yards. After searching a couple of hours that night and again in the morning, I did what I should have done first thing. I went to Ace Hardware. I stopped the first employee I saw and explained that we had lost our dog and had no idea of where to start our search. Teri immediately took us to an empty checkout stand, gave us her name, cell number, email address, directions to the animal impound station and the Police Department, and said if we came up empty, please come back, she would see what else she could do. We had Buddy back within the hour. Lessons learned! Always keep some kind of restraint on a dog when in a big, new place and if you need help, think Ace Hardware and Teri.

dw
'85 Sea Sprinter
'11 E-TEC 50hp
'06 Yamaha F4

Craneman

Be prepared for bad beach approaches at Grayland beaches, last dig a lot of stuck vehicles, and people parking on the beach approach  we have 4wheel drive  so no problem, park ranger was real busy and the digging was not good
      Moe
91 15 ft Sea Hunter
45 hp Honda
4 hp Yamaha

Kimbrey

Quote from: Craneman on October 29, 2017, 07:46:01 AM
Be prepared for bad beach approaches at Grayland beaches, last dig a lot of stuck vehicles, and people parking on the beach approach  we have 4wheel drive  so no problem, park ranger was real busy and the digging was not good
      Moe
I won't be participating on this dig since I'm leaving for AK tomorrow....ugh I hate this time of year.
The beach approach by The Local (County Line) was horrible on the last dig.  We had poor digging the 1st day to the South by or on the North Spit but good digging the next day further North.  Stuck vehicles all over the place at the approach.  We were 4 wheel drive so not much of a problem but the cars made the approach difficult.  The 2nd night there was even one guy parked sideways on the hard part of the approach making it hard for cars to make a run at it....sheesh.  A few days later just for grins I drove out on the Bonge approach which is on the North end of things.  It was easy.  I also heard about a mile South of the Bonge beach approach was good digging both days. 
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

GregE

Thanks Kim-  we'll bring the truck and try to avoid the idjits

Looks like sun eve will be the only window for us-  calendar is booked other days.
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Wiley

Greg E, calendar is booked. I assumed you were retired. Sure seems like retirement is awfully tiring, what,with schedules and everything . :shrug9: maybe it's a good thing I have to work four more years.  Sorry just my jealousy acting up again. :biggrin:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

StreamFixer

You hang in there Wiley...   Somebody needs to do the work   :applause:  And I sure won't be us old geezers   :stirthepot:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Wiley

Thanks StreamFixer, I appreciate the thought, I find myself drifting off into the sunset daily now,,,,,
Hopefully on the rogue or umpqua..  :biggrin:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

GregE

Greg

Old Chaser

Thanks -I got mine yesterday at Copalis. Rained hard the most of the time.

GregE

Got some tips for spotting shows in the rain and dark?

We may go to Twin Harbors Monday- weather should be better and lower tide.
Greg

Old Chaser

Pound the sand they-will squirt and retract their neck when they feel the vibration in the sand. works great.

Old Chaser

Looking for a report- Did you go and if so where and how did you do?

GregE

We went Monday eve,  1:20 hard digging to get our 30.  Should have found softer sand.  Some good ones- bigger than I've ever gotten.

I've been Trying to get a pic off my new I Phone-  ain't tech grand?!?!?
Greg

twolabs

We went Saturday. Pacific Beach easy four limits. Weather was perfect between rain showers done right at dark.