Author Topic: Does anyone know where most winter chinook are being caught in the south sound?  (Read 331 times)

Offline Dhil12

It appears from the creel reports most winter chinook are in the south sound launching out of point defiance and armeni. Does anyone know where they are and care to share? PM me if you want. Thinking of taking a friend out this weekend that pulled his boat out of the water last month. Thanks!
Darrell
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

On Saturday I caught a bunch of almost legal fish at Pt. Dalco on the incoming and several more at clay banks on the outgoing. I think trying any of the points in the area could be productive.

Offline Dhil12

On Saturday I caught a bunch of almost legal fish at Pt. Dalco on the incoming and several more at clay banks on the outgoing. I think trying any of the points in the area could be productive.

Thanks!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Offline Ttcustomz

Yes you got that right any points will work just gotta get lucky! :dance: you can try Jeff head or Kingston too!! But that will be north of armeni..
1999 Arima Sea Legend twin Honda 75
2017 Custom Weld 20offshore  Suzuki 200 Suzuki FI9.9

Offline Dbobby23

Clay banks on the incoming. Plenty of bait around to jig up. Bigger herring are keeping the The small fish encounters down a bit . A ton of sub legal fish in right now with a few big boys mixed in but not weighed in. I think the leader board at the boat house is around 6-1/2lbs. Seals have been a huge huge problem. Motor  mooching is doing the job right now.
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi

Offline Dhil12

Yes you got that right any points will work just gotta get lucky! :dance: you can try Jeff head or Kingston too!! But that will be north of armeni..

Clay banks on the incoming. Plenty of bait around to jig up. Bigger herring are keeping the The small fish encounters down a bit . A ton of sub legal fish in right now with a few big boys mixed in but not weighed in. I think the leader board at the boat house is around 6-1/2lbs. Seals have been a huge huge problem. Motor  mooching is doing the job right now.

Thanks guys. I went out by myself today and went to Jeff head, since its a short run from Edmonds. Hooked a 16 and a 20, didnt bother to see if they were native or hatchery, just released without netting, and alot of smaller around 8-12 inch. I quit when I was getting so many shakers. They all survived but I hate hooking them.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker