News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bow roller, Does this look right?

Started by AJFishin, October 25, 2017, 06:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley

That's how my Pacific is setup. And it pulls it up the bunks just fine, but then I did recarpet last year and occasionally hit them with some spray silicone... slides like butter then.
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Fisherdv

Here's a pic from the EZ loader 2100# I have now. The strap goes through and under the roller. It may solve your problems if it will work on your trailer. You should be able to order from EZ loader. :shrug9: :twocents:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

StreamFixer

Will the winch still work if you reverse the strap on to the drum?  Feed from the top instead of the bottom?

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

Quote from: StreamFixer on November 01, 2017, 09:11:03 PM
Will the winch still work if you reverse the strap on to the drum?  Feed from the top instead of the bottom?

StreamFixer
That may very well work for him. May have to turn the drum 180 degrees so the handles on the other side

AJFishin

SF: no I tried and it doesn't work that way :facepalm:

Wiley I saw a picture of your boat and I noticed your trailer is wider than mine. My boat sits above the fenders as yours sits in-between. So I think your boat sits lower and the post on your trailer is correct for your set up.
I think on mine, the 12" post is a incorrect height for my set up. So if I can't figure out a fix, I think I'll just bite the bullet and get a new set up like Fisherdv or maybe Pacific Trailer will reply  back and I can get  a longer post from them.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it :beerchug:

This is a picture of the posts they sent me, but I have no idea what the heights are on them.

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Rokefin

AJFishin
You are correct about the height, my boat also sits above the fenders and I know my post is taller than 12 inches.

Wiley

Wow, above the fenders . I would have to back my truck down the ramp until the front tires were wet..   :facepalm:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

AJFishin

Quote from: Wiley on November 02, 2017, 07:57:45 PM
Wow, above the fenders . I would have to back my truck down the ramp until the front tires were wet..   :facepalm:

If I didn't have an extended trailer tongue, I would probably have to do that, especially at the ramp I launch from. :jester:

Fisherdv

I just had a look at mine, the boat is almost even with the fenders on my new boat

AJFishin

I talked with Hector at Pacific Trailer today and he has 26" post at a 15 degree angle for $65 that I'm going to go check out on Tuesday. He asked for me to bring my boat by so he can take a look at it and make sure everything is set up correctly.
We'll see how things go on Tuesday.

Thanks guys for all the input. :beerchug:

Fisherdv

Hope they get it worked out for you. Give an update on the results  :beerchug:

croaker stroker

They are pretty good at customer service. My boat was missing the spare tire and the owner brought it to me on his way home.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

Just got back from Pacific Trailer and talked to Hector, good guy. He brought out 2 different post and attached the correct size for my set up. Then I was surprised, he installed it for me and did a once over on the trailer and said everything was good. Great customer service at Pacific Trailer.

Also while I was there I met a fellow Arima owner (sorry forgot his name) who just recently purchased an early model 17 foot Sea Chaser. He has been looking around on here, so hope to see him start posting soon. He said since he purchased his Arima him and his wife have been out hooping and, like us, loves his Arima.

Here's a few pictures:

Can you spot the Arima in the aerial photo?

Here's my NEW and old post; I still need to re-adjust the strap to the correct position. :dance:

Fisherdv

Sparhawk

Looks good! I have always run the cable over the top of the roller and put the safety changes below. Happy you got it solved though!
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1991 Mercury 60 2-stroke

AJFishin

Thanks guys and thanks for all the input too, appreciated :beerchug:

Tom Mac

I think the strap should be on the top of the winch. Are you able to unwind the strap and crank it back on the other way. The roller looks to be the correct height but I can't see how it would pull the boat up tight it looks to be pulling down.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Fisherdv

Quote from: Tom Mac on November 07, 2017, 05:31:10 PM
I think the strap should be on the top of the winch. Are you able to unwind the strap and crank it back on the other way. The roller looks to be the correct height but I can't see how it would pull the boat up tight it looks to be pulling down.
I agree, I had a boat with a strap angle like that and all it did was pull the boat down. It would not pull the boat up on the trailer

Fisherdv

AJ, you might want to try to turn the winch around 180 degrees so the handle is on the other side  and see if you can have the strap pulling from the top. I would also move the post down a bit so the roller sits under the notch on the hull and right on top of the bow eye. "Right in between the two"

Fisherdv

Looking at the picture again I don't think you're going to be able to turn the roller 180° it looks like it would hit the post. If there's no way to have the strap pull from the top of the winch  then you should be OK as long as you can drive the boat all the way up on the trailer or pull it all the way up to the bow roller By hand

AJFishin

Thanks Fisher and Tom for the heads-up.

Yeah I'll definitely unwind it and have the strap come off of the top of the roll so it goes straight across, I get what you guys are saying.
Fisherdv, after looking at it, yes I agree the roller needs to come down some and under the notch. Right now the way the boat sits is a couple inches back so the boat will need to come off and be reposition. So this weekend I'll have some adjusting to do at the ramp after fishing :smile1:

croaker stroker

The new post looks much stronger.  👍🏻
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on November 07, 2017, 09:34:51 PM

The new post looks much stronger.  👍🏻

Yes it definitely looks and feels stronger and $65 wasn't a bad price.
You were right, they have good customer service.

La-Z-Buoy

I have resurrected this thread because I came across an EZ Loader "Owner's Operation Manual" in my Arima file while going through it to weed it out. Here it is straight from the trailer manufacturer.

Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8