News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Another winterizing my boat thread

Started by mustang65fbk, October 21, 2017, 11:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang65fbk

Hello all. Winterijzing my boat today and wondered what your recommendations are. It's a 2004 Honda 130hp 4 stroke that has fuel injection. I saw in a similar post that I should use salt away to clean out the engine. Did I need to use a fuel additive like Stabil for the fuel? Unfortunately I've still got about 20 gall of fuel left in the tank but between work and the weather it hasn't really allowed me to take the boat at the last few weeks. Thanks again!
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Fisherdv

If the fuel is fresh then yes stabil marine 360. If fuel is kinda old I would try to use it up first. Also do an oil change, motor and lower gear case.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

mustang65fbk

Good afternoon. The fuel is only a couple weeks old but will still throw some Stabil in just for peace of mind. I just bought the boat in July, what's the motor and lower gear case?
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

croaker stroker

Fill the fuel tank so no moisture can come into the air space above the fuel.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Hydroman

Check lower unit for moisture, change if moisture is present.  I change my ever 100 hrs of operation even if moisture isn't present.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Fisherdv

Quote from: mustang65fbk on October 21, 2017, 11:38:57 AM
Good afternoon. The fuel is only a couple weeks old but will still throw some Stabil in just for peace of mind. I just bought the boat in July, what's the motor and lower gear case?
If you add the stabil now make sure to mix it in by topping of your tanks at the pump after you add it and also run the motor for about 10-15 minutes to get the treated gas through the engine. I was referring to changing the motor oil and changing the lower gear case lube/gear oil before extended storage
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60