News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

3 Amigos Fishing Adventure...

Started by Vancouvertechie, October 19, 2017, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouvertechie

The one good thing about this forum is the friendships it creates.  With Arima owners and former Arima owners still getting together to do what they love...   Having owned 6 different Arimas between us, I would say we were in the club.  Anywho here are the pics and I will let First Cabin and Canvas Guy tell their stories.  And don't go to Mexico, it is way to dangerous...  Blessed to see that sunrise on the Sea of Cortez once again.

VT

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Markshoreline

Welcome back.  That looks like a great time, plus you caught a few fish!  Glad you all had some relaxation and a safe return.  We have had crap for weather as you're probably discovering!   :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Rokefin

What's so dangerous about catching tuna?? nice fish.  Looks like a great trip with great friends!  Whereabouts in Mexico?

BruceL2_Fish

Looks like a blast!  John, you are right, some very cool folks to get to know and share some common interests with.
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

CanvasGuy

Thanks John and Eric for a great time in Cabo san jose'...had a blast and these are not your "Mothers Albacore" :arms:...they are tough to haul in..@ 40 to 80 lbs... an some nice jumping Darado... aka mahi mahi it was nice to catch a tuna that matched my salmon..60 +
Erick's seared tuna steaks was a killer meal with the soy sauce and Wasaubi

your correct about Mexico I was scared the whole time...LOL :jester:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

blue heron

SR-19
115 Yamaha
8 Yamaha

GregE

Nice pics as always John!!   :applause:

Share your trip info when you can-  lots of us are envious.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Salmon King

What is so dangerous about raking your boat to Cabo.
Or just driving to there in the first place?

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

croaker stroker

Not much more danger than driving through Los Angeles.  :shrug9:

Nice fish. Looks like fun with friends.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Rokefin

What are the written rules or non written rules on your catch, can you keep all your take or is this something that changes from captain to captain in Mexico.

Vancouvertechie

Quote from: Rokefin on October 20, 2017, 05:54:49 PM
What are the written rules or non written rules on your catch, can you keep all your take or is this something that changes from captain to captain in Mexico.

No rules about your catch.  It's yours to do as you please.  We brought back just under 70 lbs of tuna/dorado and must have given away 200-300 pounds of fish.  We were fishing out of San Jose del Cabo and fishing the banks.  Good weather, lots of beer and quick trip to Cabo Wabo more beer.  Squid Roe and more beer with some flavored tequila. Cabo marina and thinking about a quick massage for my sore back.  And of course a couple of sombero shots with some more beer. 

VT
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Rokefin

:applause:that's the way to do it!  Way to live it up!

Sparhawk

THose are some good looking fish! I like the name of the boat you are on too. :wink:
"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1991 Mercury 60 2-stroke

Chasin Baitman

2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

AJFishin

Great pictures and you can tell you guys had a blast catching some nice looking fish!
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser