News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Alternate sonar mount

Started by Markshoreline, October 17, 2017, 05:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

Since I like to sit on the aft port to control the kicker and have easy access to my downrigger it is really hard to see detail on the dash mounted sonar.
Last April someone here posted about a sale on Garmin echomap 73 at less than $400 so I got one but didn't know how to mount it.  Thanks to Vancouvertechie for this idea using Ram Mounts!  I can see clearly now from my perch.
I set this unit up independent of the other Garmin, it has it's own transducer and is not networked.

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Wiley

Jealous,envy,jealous,envy,jealous,envy, not sure , but beautiful boat my man.
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

BruceL2_Fish

Very cool Mark!    Looks great, bet you will love it. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Diablo

Perfect! Just what you need.  :applause:
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

Markshoreline

I was able to order the RAM parts and get overnight delivery just in time to have it in place for Beancounter and me to take it to Neah Bay.  It is great for bottom fishing, too!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9