News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

anchor mount and windlass

Started by Dhil12, October 13, 2017, 04:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhil12

does anyone have any suggestions to a solid anchor roller/mount and a windlass I could add to our Sea Legend? The stock looks small and would like to add a larger permanent mount for the anchor on the bow. Thanks, Darrell
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Salmon King

I made my own anchor mount (pulpit(?) if you will out of a spare piece of 2x12 Oak I had laying around the shop.  Mounted the anchor roller to it.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Secret Spot

I ordered this one online.  It's heavy duty and hinged for self deploying with the Lewmar Profish 700 freefall option.  It allows me to deploy the anchor from the helm and by myself.

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Dhil12

That looks awesome. I like the idea of deploying from the helm. Thanks.
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Yachter Yat

Hey Secret;  That pic may have just qualified you as a member of my private "club"............"The Fanatics".  :jester:   Awesome!

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Salmon King

Larry...I have never seen a set up like that.
Do you remember where you got it from?
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Secret Spot

I'll try to find my order and pass it on to you — give me a bit to research and i'll Post it soon.

Secret Spot

My purchase records were no longer available.  However, I have attached the eBay link below.

https://www.ebay.com/i/292291736914

Secret Spot

I use a Bruce anchor which works perfectly with the windlass and self deploying anchor roller.  I didn't mention it earlier, but I can also retrieve the anchor from the helm as well.

Marine40

Secret, Can you post more pictures? Do you have a stainless steel ...some kind of tie-off?  If you get tired of looking at your setup for your anchor and windlass I would love to buy it from you. :bowdown:

Darren
Have -15' Hunter, Had - 2 each 17' Rangers, Had - 1 each 17 Skip Chaser, Had - 1 each 19' Skip Chaser, Have - 21' Skip Ranger.

Dhil12

Thanks Secretspot. I was thinking of a fixed scoop like a Rocna anchor, wonder if that would work? I love the idea of deploying and retrieving from the helm!
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Secret Spot

My tie down can be seen directly behind the bow roller and right before the Lewmar Profish 700 Windlass.  It's a stainless steel Horn Bollard.

Bwano

My '82 Chaser 17.

Used a 2 inch thick block of Honduran Mahogany, coated with several coats of Interlux Perfection Plus Polyurethane. Chose the wood for it's beauty, strength, hardness and Marine hardiness.
Need to go back and varnish the Cleat stand off block.

Bruce anchor, Lewmar 450 Sprint, I found on sale from Hodges Marine, discontinued item and a Windline roller. Big enough to haul 20 ft of chain and 12 pound Bruce. 250 ft of 1/2" 3 strand.

I use boat mainly for Spearfishing on Mendocino and Humboldt coast. Occasional Pacific Halibut, Rock Cod fishing and Crabbing.
17 ft Sea Chaser 1982;   2002 Suzuki 115 4 stroke
2009 Yamaha Hi Thrust 9.9 Kicker

28 ft Skipjack Pilot House Custom, twin Chevy 400's
Volvo 280's. 1975 Vintage.