News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Hot...Dry...15 to 20 mph wind...Fire!

Started by croaker stroker, October 09, 2017, 12:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc808

CS

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe, good thoughts for all of the affected. 

croaker stroker

Here we go again. Several fires threatening homes. (Not near me this time...knock on wood)
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

Yep, the air up here is all smokey from the several fires going on right now
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

AJFishin

Yeah my step mom and brother live up by Yosemite and were told to be ready if they call for evacuation in their area, as the the fire is heading towards them. They've packed up the trailer and are ready to go if they're forced to evacuate, hopefully they won't have to.
When I was up there the week before last,the smoke was thick with ash, and the fire was far away, now it's getting to close for comfort.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

GregE

I've been hopeful this years fires would be less- it sure seems to be raging again.

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Markshoreline

It is awful that the summer fires have become an annual event.  So hard for the folks who live there.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Those fires are all over the news on this side.  Just terrible to see such destruction to nature, personal property and, worst of all, human life.  From what we see, these fires appear to be moving so quickly, it appears early evacuation is of primary importance. Some reports claimed 60 to 70 MPH winds associated with these fires.  I can't even imagine seeing a huge forest fire being pushed by a 60 MPH wind heading my way.  I'd be gone long before it got anywhere close.  Be safe. 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

E-TEC Pacer

The thing that gets me is, driving around and I still see friggin morons flicking cigarette ashes out the window!  :nono:
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

StreamFixer

Once a fire attains about 200-300 acres, it often begins to generate it's own 'weather' including the high winds Yat mentioned.  When conditions are right, a fire will sometimes 'crown' (travel from tree top to tree top) in those high winds.  The animals on the ground (humans are basically animals too) don't burn, but the oxygen levels are reduced to lethal levels during such events.  Pretty difficult to out run a fire that is moving at 20+ mph...

My prayers go the the people fighting such events, and for the prosecution of the idiots causing the fires in the first place.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

AJFishin

The worst thing for us here in California is a lot of our pine trees were decimated by the bark beetle that killed thousands of pine trees since our drought. Driving up to my parents and brothers place you will pass log truck after log truck as these logging companies try to get rid of these hundred foot tall matchsticks. Some of the companies are just falling the trees just so they don't act like matchsticks. Sections of green forest are blanketed by acres and acres of dead pines. Once the fire gets in these sections, it erupts and burns hot and out of control. Last night on evening news they showed a view from a news chopper of a massive fire tornado that just decimated the forest in seconds.
One terrible thing is, we haven't even got into the middle of the fire season yet.

croaker stroker

... news and pic off my front porch this afternoon.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

AJFishin

That sucks CS, hope it stays far away from you.

croaker stroker

No worries. It already burnt between us and the fire. We should be OK, it's 13 miles away. It is heavily wooded back in there. Beautiful trail with running water and trout.

We have more coyotes in our neighborhood now. I think its because of the fires.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

I heard on the radio today that fire was growing. Driven by high winds and heat. Keep a good ear on the news/alerts in your area