Author Topic: Flushing motors  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Danno

Re: Flushing motors
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
Vinegar is acetic acid. Lemon juice is citrus acid. Neither is pH stabilized. I suspect Salt away and Salt Terminator are. Problem is that you want to dissolve the mineral deposits but stop the action otherwise it will continue while the boat is parked. Make sure to do a fresh water rinse afterward if using either acid.

I would tend to agree that adding the acid to the >7 ph Salt Terminator would defeat the purpose or if it's properly stabilized (buffered pH) that it's not helping anything.

Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 08:37:34 PM »
   Threeweight.......something is still bothering me about this.  I figured you'd be the guy to ask.    Ever since I got this new BF60 Honda with the flush port, I've been wondering if water being introduced through this port is getting to pump; at least to an extent that the motor can be started for a few seconds without doing any damage.  Although I know you have a larger and different model Honda, can you shed any light on this?  Do you have the shop manual for your motor?   If so, does it show the water passages connected to this port, or does it offer any additional information regarding flushing through these ports?  Thanks for your time.

Yat
Yat, I do have the (Honda) shop manual for our motors. I’ll take a look and see.
2018, Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 05:03:17 AM »
   Fisher, thank you.

Yat
Dear Arima:  Please "square-off" the Hunter transom.  Make it like my old 77 Silverline.  Thank you.  Oh yeah...please hurry; I'm getting old.

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 08:58:45 AM »
Yat, the manual shows the flow of water from the water pump up and through the engine. That flow diagram however does NOT show the flush port. The flush port is shown on its own in a separate diagram only showing the flush port components. I will PM you the diagrams cause I don’t know if this forum would allow me to post copyrighted material here. Anyway, why don’t you maybe flush the motor both ways with the flush port and then on muffs also?
2018, Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP