News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Voice your opinion before we get stuck with Ethanol in our boat gas!

Started by Cannon, August 23, 2017, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cannon

Please let your voices be heard! Takes all of three minutes to complete. There is a prepared statement which you can modify prior to sending. Or you can ignore and then whine when you get stuck with crappy gas that blows up your engine...

BoatUS: Take 5 Minutes Today to Have Your Say on Ethanol How much ethanol do you want in your gas in 2018? ALEXANDRIA, Va., August 22, 2017 - The battle to protect your boat's engine is not over. Right now, the Environmental Protection Agency is asking for public comments on the amount of ethanol that must be blended into the nation's fuel supply for 2018, and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) is urging recreational boaters to speak up and be heard by providing comments at...
http://cqrcengage.com/boatus/app/act-on-a-regulation?0&engagementId=389053
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; while the Titanic was built by professionals.

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Cannon

I might also add that my outboard manual states that levels above E10 I.E. 10% engine damage may occur...
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; while the Titanic was built by professionals.

Old No7

Sorry, but I didn't see this earlier...

I'd posted the same info on the "Arima Life" page  too -- cause E15 could be death to our outboards!  :bigshock:

Guess the more folks we have see it and respond, the better!

Old No7
"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

dbhazjack

2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

Cannon

For those who haven't looked at the big picture, They are phasing in E15 which will be even worse. If you haven't made your opinion known to the powers that be, by all means click on the link in the first post and at least let them know how you feel!

BayWolf

Done!  Any indications from the big outboard manufacturer's on thier input? Maybe they see an upside to this in parts and new motor sales?
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Sparhawk

"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die" - Calvin and Hobbes

Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1991 Mercury 60 2-stroke