News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Fuel tank liner drainage added

Started by neild, August 12, 2017, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neild

When I bought my SR19 the liner area that the fuel tank sits in was so full of mud it wouldn't drain to the bilge. During rebuilding the tank was pulled and everything cleaned out but I felt I needed more drainage than the holes below the tank. So I cut a couple of holes through the liner under the deck cover and fitted with strainers. I will still need to remove the panels and deck cover to clean it out but at least I won't have to take the tank out again!

I found some SS tea strainers at a fancy tea shop down town that perfectly fit the 2.5" holes I made, but in hind sight it would be best to source the strainers and drill holes to fit.
I epoxied the edges of the holes to seal them. the strainers fit loose.
I didn't locate my holes great either, the port hole is a little to far from centre and has less room below it. the starboard hole is too close to the front edge. I had to trim a strainer lip.

-Neil
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

rasslingref

Very nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Markshoreline

That's a great idea.  Only downside is you'll have to remove the screws and pull the front piece to check/clean them.

Here's an idea posted a few years ago by Woody and Streamfixer.  It took me until this year to do this improvement but it is amazing and cheap!
Go to Home Depot and pick up some of those triangular gutter strainers.

Slice them into 1" thick fillets and cut to length and stuff the fillets into the drain area below the aft starboard panels.  Cheap, easy and effective.

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Markshoreline

Here's an action shot of the debris that was denied access to the bilge!

rasslingref

Guess what I just completed Mark?  Hope it works.

Kitsap County, WA

Markshoreline

This is one of the best and cheapest things you can do for an Arima!!!

Diablo

:yeahthat:
Mine are about to the point where I need to throw them out and put in new ones. I especially like the fact that they stop the little screws and washers from going directly into the bilge.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

rasslingref

I ended up with several dozen of these going into the bilge.

Kitsap County, WA

rclark4179

Fish do not fear my name...crab however, do, and should.

81 15' Hunter "SKUA", 40 hp MERC, British Seagull kicker (SOLD)
85 17' Chaser, "SKUA II"' 90 hp MERC,9.9 Yamaha